When you're flipping channels, which movie do you stop on every time you see it?

bullets13

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought of a couple of more most of you young whipper snappers haven't seen.  The Wind and the Lion, with Sean Connerry & Brian Keith.  Great flick, especially if you like historically based movies.

And I can't believe I forgot Death Wish, with Charles Bronson.  There were five of them made.  If you really like the first, you'll probably enjoy all of them.

Editors note:  Had first two Death Wish recorded when my G'son, who was 9 at the time came over and we watched them together.  He inadvertently threw me under the bus when he told his mom what we were watching, and how good they were.  My daughter came after me lol :) 

2 hours ago, REBgp said:

Just thought of a couple of more most of you young whipper snappers haven't seen.  The Wind and the Lion, with Sean Connerry & Brian Keith.  Great flick, especially if you like historically based movies.

And I can't believe I forgot Death Wish, with Charles Bronson.  There were five of them made.  If you really like the first, you'll probably enjoy all of them.

Editors note:  Had first two Death Wish recorded when my G'son, who was 9 at the time came over and we watched them together.  He inadvertently threw me under the bus when he told his mom what we were watching, and how good they were.  My daughter came after me lol :) 

Death Wish I and II were the best, although I did like the Wildey in III.

1 hour ago, baddog said:

Found a set on ebay for $36.

Buying stuff online amazes me.  I had a 1994 Ranger work truck.  Turn lens got broke.  I was thinking I'd have to go to a junkyard.  My son-in-law got online & got me a brand new one, cheap.  Couldn't believe that someone made them for a 20 year old truck.

20 hours ago, bigdog said:

I didn't see this one on anyone's list yet,  

1.  Top Gun !

2. Goonies

3. Fast and Furious series

Top Gun had the potential the be #1, but they added the love story stuff.

Flying, fighting, shooting down bad guys

Buzzing the control towers.

This movie could have been great!

2 hours ago, bulldogbacker said:

They ruin a lot of good movies with the chick flick nonsense. Examples are Pearl Harbor and Midway. Two historical movies if not ruined, nearly so or pushed to the point of gagging.  Examples of how not to toss completely bogus love scenes (as in not even real people) into otherwise historical movies would be The Longest Day, A Bridge Too Far and Patton. Even fiction based on fact such as Saving Private Ryan don't need a love story. 

A place where it is acceptable in a historic movie is like Titanic where the love story IS the story and the historical setting was simply to enhance the plot and making it like a Greek tragedy. 

In my opinion. 

7 hours ago, bulldogbacker said:

I don't think they overdid it.  It was part of the story but not the major part of it.   Plenty more action than love story.  Besides, how many people do you think tried the same bit they did in the bar after that movie came out?

9 minutes ago, GCMPats said:

So did you like the new one?

Way too over the top for me. I like shock humor, just did not think this one was funny. 

I liked the new one. Ed Helms is one of my favorite comic actors. I loved him in all the Hangover's and We're the Millers.

1 minute ago, NDNation said:

I liked the new one. Ed Helms is one of my favorite comic actors. I loved him in all the Hangover's and We're the Millers.

Yes, he's funny (although he is basically the same character in every movie now). I liked him best in "The Office". 

'We Are the Millers" is very funny. Plus, it has Jennifer Aniston (body double or not). That is always a plus.

I really enjoy Andy Sudeikis. He is my kind of funny. One of the most disgusting scenes I have ever seen in a movie was in "Hall Pass". If you have seen that movie, you know which one I'm talking about.

6 minutes ago, GCMPats said:

Yes, he's funny (although he is basically the same character in every movie now). I liked him best in "The Office". 

'We Are the Millers" is very funny. Plus, it has Jennifer Aniston (body double or not). That is always a plus.

I really enjoy Andy Sudeikis. He is my kind of funny. One of the most disgusting scenes I have ever seen in a movie was in "Hall Pass". If you have seen that movie, you know which one I'm talking about.

Jason Sudeikis is another one of my favs. I love the whole Horrible Bosses cast.

6 hours ago, GCMPats said:

Way too over the top for me. I like shock humor, just did not think this one was funny. 

We got stopped by company halfway thru, but to me, it wasn't that funny.  I remember telling my mom jokes when I got older, and she didn't think some of them funny at all.  As I've gotten ancient, I understand.  Had 2 young dudes I worked with telling me how funny Dumb & Dumber was.  Halfway thru, I give up.  IMO, I was dumber for trying to watch it.  It's a generation thing.     We're the Millers, I laughed my head off.  Great show!

PS:  Still remember this one to my Mom - Did you hear about the Aggie who broke his arm raking leaves?   He fell outta the tree.   Mom said, That isn't funny.  Makes no sense.  Mom, took me about 70 years, but I see your point.

On 6/24/2016 at 8:11 AM, GCMPats said:

Me either.  The originals were much better.

FYI,  the Jefferson Theater is showing Top Gun this Friday at 6pm!  For those who never got to see it in the theaters. (Me included)

8 minutes ago, GCMPats said:

I saw it when it came out in 1986 in San Marcos while I was at school.

I wasn't old enough at the time.  Maybe I will get to see it this week, although the Jefferson is not a modern movie theater.