3A DI SETX Football 2016

Yoe_09

How is Southeast Texas looking for the 2016 football season?  We are now just a few short months away from 2-a-days starting. 

Just off the top of my head, I would say Coldspring, La Marque, Kirbyville and East Chambers would be the teams to watch.  Region III was already tough, it just got rougher.  I had hoped the UIL would have moved Malakoff over to RII to try and even things about a big, but that did not happen.  

EC & KV going to be down a bit this season?  Out of Coldspring/La Marque, who are you taking?

10 minutes ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

I feel like EC and Kville will be down, but they'll still be in the top tier of teams in the region. Coldspring will be tough, but I doubt they're much better than Kirbyville this year. 

Got it.  When you say "top tier" how many teams would you have in that group?

Coldspring will be good but not dominant. They lost some studs and their JV and Freshmen weren't great. However, with Shepherd and Cleveland being so close to Coldspring, I would not be surprised to see some move ins try and take advantage of playing 3A football.

1 hour ago, Kegger said:

Coldspring will be good but not dominant. They lost some studs and their JV and Freshmen weren't great. However, with Shepherd and Cleveland being so close to Coldspring, I would not be surprised to see some move ins try and take advantage of playing 3A football.

You can't ever count on stuff like that, but you're right. It's a possibility. Kirbyville should still win this district, with several teams competing well with them. It will be much more competitive every week in this district. 

Track meets involving those 3 schools and Liberty are like watching family reunions. Many of those kids have attended 2 or more of those schools throughout their school career. Athletes move around a ton in that area. Not to mention many play on the same AAU teams.