Help me make a decision here..

king

My birthday weekend is August 5-7th. I like to reserve my hotels early. We are debating where to go to. Taking a group of 6-8 people. Here are the choices..

Lafayette, La

Baton Rouge,La

New Orleans, La

College Station

Galveston

San Antonio

Already been to San Antonio,Galveston, and New Orleans..

I always wanted to visit college station , and everyone that been to Louisiana knows it's dirttyy

New Orleans and it's not really close.  

College Station & Baton Rouge before Fall semester starts won't be great.  Galveston you can go to anytime, but the nightlife isn't great.  Lafayette is meh.  I like SA to bring the kids, but if you're going to party, you may as well stay closer and go out in Houston.  

Go stay in Gruene/New Braunsfels/San Marcos area and float the river if you really want to stay in Texas.  

6 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

New Orleans and it's not really close.  

College Station & Baton Rouge before Fall semester starts won't be great.  Galveston you can go to anytime, but the nightlife isn't great.  Lafayette is meh.  I like SA to bring the kids, but if you're going to party, you may as well stay closer and go out in Houston.  

Go stay in Gruene/New Braunsfels/San Marcos area and float the river if you really want to stay in Texas.  

Amen and Amen.  Tough to beat NO for food and entertainment.  But those place in Centex are a good destination as well. 

On Friday, April 22, 2016 at 0:05 PM, king said:

Lasy year in New Orleans I literally had 5 hours of sleep and had to work that Monday at 6 am.

Now we are talking bout new braunfels now to float the river.

I really want to be a kid again and go to six flags

Hit up Schliterbahn in New Braunfels.  Two birds - one stone.

Had a few friends that went to aTm.  Every time I went to visit, we ended up hanging out/partying at someone's house.  Because the nightlife there was absolutely terrible.  

I will say that the Aggies have extremely nice athletic facilities.  That's about all they have going for them though.  College Station is no comparison to Austin is natural beauty, outdoor activities, night life, food choices, career opportunities, etc, etc, etc...

I don't see how a football recruit would ever decide to commit 4/5 years of their life to living in College Station over Austin.  Unless, there are some undisclosed benefits.  

5 hours ago, Aces_Full said:

Had a few friends that went to aTm.  Every time I went to visit, we ended up hanging out/partying at someone's house.  Because the nightlife there was absolutely terrible.  

I will say that the Aggies have extremely nice athletic facilities.  That's about all they have going for them though.  College Station is no comparison to Austin is natural beauty, outdoor activities, night life, food choices, career opportunities, etc, etc, etc...

I don't see how a football recruit would ever decide to commit 4/5 years of their life to living in College Station over Austin.  Unless, there are some undisclosed benefits.  

Well you have the corp and all the pretty girls and cheerleaders.