2016 March Madness

UTfanatic

14 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Calipari is about to be on ESPN.  This should be good.  

I love hearing Cal and Kentucky fans whine.  Two teams have the identical record, split 2 games head to head, and one is 8-3 vs. other teams in the field and the other is 3-3.  Which one do you give the higher seed to?  Yeah, me too.  The committee got this one right.  Geography of the regional just helps the cause. 

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

Brad Underwood from SFA has to be in line for a big job soon.  In his 3 years he is 53-1 in conference and 88-13 (.871) overall.  He's about to get paid.  

Smart did well this year, but that's who I thought Texas should have gone after last year. Plays a similar style and beat Smart when he was at VCU. TCU should be going after him this year. Him with Big 12 backing and his style will bring in recruits.

1 hour ago, RaiderRed30 said:

Smart did well this year, but that's who I thought Texas should have gone after last year. Plays a similar style and beat Smart when he was at VCU. TCU should be going after him this year. Him with Big 12 backing and his style will bring in recruits.

I don't think TCU is a place for a young up and coming coach unless they are willing to use some of SMU's recruiting tricks.  He could win a bunch of games at Okie Lt or K-State.  

7 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

I don't think TCU is a place for a young up and coming coach unless they are willing to use some of SMU's recruiting tricks.  He could win a bunch of games at Okie Lt or K-State.  

+1.  Especially with A&M's and Texas' programs on the rise.  

Underwood is outstanding though.  Wouldn't doubt him wherever he went.  But I wouldn't trade Shaka for him.  He's one of the best teacher's of defense in the game and will be an outstanding recruiter in my opinion.  The kids love him.  

1 minute ago, Aces_Full said:

SFA plays lights out defense & is also one of the most efficient teams in the country offensively.   

Not taking anything away from Shaka, but Underwood is a hell of a coach.  

Do they have a chance against West Virginia?  

If they can break WV's press they may have a shot.