Odds of Ozen and Central playing in Region Finals

BADSANTA

I've watched both teams play and their solid teams but nothing overly impressive from what I saw....Bush will give Ozen problems cause they some size and a couple D-1 players that can go they eerily similar to Central actually. On the other hand Elkins reminds me of Ozen they have EXTREMELY good guard play and lack size however I seen that they like to run a lot and they could lead to be a disaster for them against Central they don't have the size nor athleticism to run with Central. Bush presents a lot tougher match up for Ozen but if Ozen beats them I definitely wouldn't consider it an upset. Here's the game of Elkins & Bush check it out and give your own analysis,

38 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

I've watched both teams play and their solid teams but nothing overly impressive from what I saw....Bush will give Ozen problems cause they some size and a couple D-1 players that can go they eerily similar to Central actually. On the other hand Elkins reminds me of Ozen they have EXTREMELY good guard play and lack size however I seen that they like to run a lot and they could lead to be a disaster for them against Central they don't have the size nor athleticism to run with Central. Bush presents a lot tougher match up for Ozen but if Ozen beats them I definitely wouldn't consider it an upset. Here's the game of Elkins & Bush check it out and give your own analysis,

If I had to choose and I was Ozen I'd rather play Bush than Elkins. 

1 hour ago, JustUs said:

If I had to choose and I was Ozen I'd rather play Bush than Elkins. 

Maybe so but Bush size scares me a little I honestly don't think there's been a better backcourt in Texas the past two years than Ozen's but Elkins is right behind them for sure. However I don't think a team can beat Ozen purely off guard play alone only teams that I see that can give Ozen problems are teams with size and bush has some pretty good size and good guard play.

59 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Maybe so but Bush size scares me a little I honestly don't think there's been a better backcourt in Texas the past two years than Ozen's but Elkins is right behind them for sure. However I don't think a team can beat Ozen purely off guard play alone only teams that I see that can give Ozen problems are teams with size and bush has some pretty good size and good guard play.

I was going to call that statement bold but it's more appropriately another 4 letter word that starts with d and ends with b.  There's at least 2 in Houston alone right now - Atascocita (Edwards and Shead) and SATCH (Caldwell and Davis).  And probably have to throw in Cy Lakes based on Fox alone.  Now if you were talking about last year's back court at Ozen with Hunter in the mix, it's a lot closer at least.  

But to answer the question at hand, I would probably agree with you.  It's highly, highly unlikely that both will make the regional finals. I could see maybe one making it but I don't really have a feel on which one would have a better shot.  I wouldn't be surprised if one of them made a run but I would be pretty shocked if both made it through the gauntlet and met up again for a shot at San Antonio.  

2 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Ozen and Central have beaten Bush the past two years.  And Elkins lost to Ozen last year.  Ft.  Bend wants revenge.  But they still gotta play the game. 

Neither Beaumont team is as good this year as last IMO.  Not drastically worse but both teams lost their best player and other key seniors in key spots.  Either could gel and make a run but I haven't seen them play up to the levels they were at last year yet.  Really hope either one does and represents us at State this year.  

On the flip side, haven't seen enough of Bush or Elkins to know how much, if any, they have improved.  

9 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I was going to call that statement bold but it's more appropriately another 4 letter word that starts with d and ends with b.  There's at least 2 in Houston alone right now - Atascocita (Edwards and Shead) and SATCH (Caldwell and Davis).  And probably have to throw in Cy Lakes based on Fox alone.  Now if you were talking about last year's back court at Ozen with Hunter in the mix, it's a lot closer at least.  

But to answer the question at hand, I would probably agree with you.  It's highly, highly unlikely that both will make the regional finals. I could see maybe one making it but I don't really have a feel on which one would have a better shot.  I wouldn't be surprised if one of them made a run but I would be pretty shocked if both made it through the gauntlet and met up again for a shot at San Antonio.  

Na I definitely think Boys & Comeaux along with Boyd, Comeaux & Hunter have to be in the convo for the best backcourt in the state the past two years and I'll take Boyd over both of them kids from Atascosita all they do is shoot 3's and I stick by what I said previously Ozen would likely beat Atascosita...but I'm watching the Elkins & Bush game and the more I watch the less I am impressed if these are the only teams in region 3 I like both Central & Ozen's way I like their chances especially Ozen's.

6 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Ozenfinest they are not in the same boat as the backcourt in Atascocita or Cy Lakes with Fox. Edwards and Shead are solid too! 

Ozen will beat Lakes by 30...as far as Atascosita you guys are caught up in the hype it's teams that Ozen would beat easily that Atascosita have played close i.e Kingwood. And Dekaney played them close as well and Ozen beat Dekaney easily. Like I said it's no team in the state that is going to beat Ozen just off guard play alone not happening. 

2 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Ozen will beat Lakes by 30...as far as Atascosita you guys are caught up in the hype it's teams that Ozen would beat easily that Atascosita have played close i.e Kingwood. And Dekaney played them close as well and Ozen beat Dekaney easily. Like I said it's no team in the state that is going to beat Ozen just off guard play alone not happening. 

So Beaumont Central (2X) and Victory Prep have dominant post play?

3 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Central did...just being honest....They were just tougher that first district game, but Ozen did a superb job of adjusting that last game. I do agree with you that it takes a team with some bigs to beat Ozen, because when Boyd is rolling, he and Comeaux are about a good a set of guards in the state, bar none.

42 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

So it's them not playing with the big boys in the summers is why they didn't get the same offers?  Maybe you're right but if you think Ozen wouldn't be a big dog against Atascocita, I can't help you.  

32-0 and ranked in the top 5 in the country.  And because you apparently are talking out of your behind as usual, they also happen to have one of the best bigs in Houston.  

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

So it's them not playing with the big boys in the summers is why they didn't get the same offers?  Maybe you're right but if you think Ozen wouldn't be a big dog against Atascocita, I can't help you.  

32-0 and ranked in the top 5 in the country.  And because you apparently are talking out of your behind as usual, they also happen to have one of the best bigs in Houston.  

You considered the post that transferred from kingwood a dominant big? LMAO! And I said nothing about the offers that they received so I'm not sure where this is coming from. I watched Atascosita play a veryyyyy undersized Sam Houston team close whom I think Ozen would also beat. I actually believe that they're better teams in 5A than 6A outside of desoto(because of the Bolden kid) I think Ozen could hang with any team in 6A.