Shame on me

PlayActionPass

Some just don't like truth. However, it's their forum, they can protect as they see fit.

On the other side, Silsbee is faced with a dilemma. It may not be unlike any other school when losing a AD/HC when determining whether to hire within or going outside. If they hire within, will others that have applied from within stay if in fact the "other" applicant is chosen? Of course, if hired from outside, everyone's job would be in potential jeopardy.

Silsbee has way less coaches than that of say WOS in the athletic dept WOS-27 coaches, Silsbee 19 coaches. Not sure if this a budget issue, certainly not an enrolement issue (Silsbee is definitely the bigger school) If its due to budget reasons, that will play a huge factor in hiring from inside or out and perhaps even the quality of who they could even afford from the outside, regardless of who may apply.

1 hour ago, Pepper Brooks said:

When  HJ was looking for a coach it stayed up for months.

Silsbee gets taken down after a few days??

Apples and oranges.  When Coach DuBois' departure was discussed, there was little if any mention of personal interactions with (and more specifically the personal distaste that some revealed for) Coach McGallion.  Moreover, there was not a racial element introduced into who should be the successor of Coach Dubois.  But if those are to be kept out, it would be unfair just to have those who think Coach McGallion hung the moon, so it was a decision, made BY ME to take the thread out of circulation.

That may leave some people unsatisfied, but that will be the way it is.

I wouldn't worry, we are just a few weeks away from the deadline for applications and I am sure that the opinions of who should be HC/AD will be flowing like water. But for now this discussion in done.

• WOSgrad pinned, unpinned and locked this topic