Settling the "greatest SE Texas coach" debate

3 hours ago, HSbballFan said:

I have a prior relationship with a few coaches and again i think Davis is a good coach and this is getting blown out of proportion.  I didn't like the way the HJ tournament was ran. I didn't like the way he acted and I don't plan on attending it next year. Feel free to do whatever you want. But when a coach in your tournament makes statements from the stands towards a kid and has a physical altercation with a fan I would probably have asked that coach to leave the tournament. I've seen it before. When every other team had 2 kids make all tournament except for 1 which clearly had one of the best players in the tournament skipped over I don't care for that. 

I'm done responding in this thread about this feel free to PM me. To get back on topic 

Sutherland GOAT

And recently just because I've been able to watch them play the Gentleman coaching Big Sandy left a strong impression on me. 

IMO the best player in the tournament. 

Todd Sutherland is this area's current BEST coach...That should be obvious...Brian English is one of the area's best, and due to his body of work, Big Sandy's Kevin Foster....and with THAT said you must include MARQUIS SAVAET in that group...Say what you want, but he has done an OUTSTANDING job of maintaining that program at Ozen...HE MADE IT TO THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME JUST LAST SEASON, and has been to the regional tournament 4 times...anyone else in Class 4A or better in this area done that since Boutte? Nope. Not many know this, but in 2002, Savaet went to the Regional Finals with the girls program at Ozen. as head coach.  He has done a great job, and not many in this area has surpassed him. I also feel Coach Joubert has done a fine job of maintaining the Kountze program as well. Some others are up and coming, but these guys have put the work in to be called the area's best.

On 2/4/2016 at 7:26 PM, HSbballFan said:

I hope to catch more of Coach Foster. And I like your outlook on things.  We have a house up in near San Agustine I wonder if they play big sandy I'd like to catch that game I know they are both good teams. 

I'd like to watch another Big Sandy game this year. A few others out there i still need to catch before playoffs. 

If they both win all there games when the playoff start they will play the last game before the Reg.3 tour. start in Leon gym