Manvel Star QB D'Eriq King verbals to UH

Octfeb

Congrats. Watched the kid play at Aragon middle school and knew he was going to be special. Great young man and nice family. Scarey thing is Manvels backup is committed to Florida or Florida State I believe. Must be strange being a backup getting huge D1 offers. Just no talent at that school I guess. Lol

Edited by bronco pride

Congrats. Watched the kid play at Aragon middle school and knew he was going to be special. Great young man and nice family. Scarey thing is Manvels backup is committed to Florida or Florida State I believe. Must be strange being a backup getting huge D1 offers. Just no talent at that school I guess. Lol

Florida...and that is his only major offer...only had 3 other offers...all from SLC schools (Lamar, McNeese & HBU).  What's funny to me is that the back up is going to a Power 5 when the starter isn't (yes I know King was at one point a TCU commit and UH isn't an ordinary Non-Power 5 at the moment but you get my point)

Florida...and that is his only major offer...only had 3 other offers...all from SLC schools (Lamar, McNeese & HBU).  What's funny to me is that the back up is going to a Power 5 when the starter isn't (yes I know King was at one point a TCU commit and UH isn't an ordinary Non-Power 5 at the moment but you get my point)

didnt that happen in 2011 with Manvel? One went to Old Dominion and the backup went somewhere else. 

Maybe he had some really good camps. He is actually more of what colleges are looking for as far as size and arm strength. Didn't UH also get the #1 defensive lineman in the country or did he change his mind. 

Maybe that's why their offense is so poor

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, kicker said:

Also, with the recent rebirth at UH, the Big 12 needs 1 more team. Hmm...........

Not until they can put fannies in the seats. That was the main reason they were left out of the Big XII to begin with.

It's just a different animal at UH. More of a commuter school. Herman was asking for fans to show up late in the season this year even when they were undefeated. Then, after they lost, the Navy game was empty in the upper levels of a small stadium. 

I think the Big XII will dissolve before they add another team.

8 minutes ago, GCMPats2 said:

Not until they can put fannies in the seats. That was the main reason they were left out of the Big XII to begin with.

It's just a different animal at UH. More of a commuter school. Herman was asking for fans to show up late in the season this year even when they were undefeated. Then, after they lost, the Navy game was empty in the upper levels of a small stadium. 

I think the Big XII will dissolve before they add another team.

Yeah, i know, I went there. Is basically a giant community college. It doesnt help when you also have Rice and TX Southern a block away either. Our facilities were top notch though( I loved our indoor practice facility) and our campus was beautiful. Not sure if they can ever bring the crowd, even if they continue with their winning ways. They just dont have the support like other D1 schools do.