Fort Bend Bush 94 Silsbee 64/Final

WOSgrad

Just remember these teams are to help silsbee get ready for 4a competition don't forget bush is nationally ranked and beat north shore by 20 points also there is no shame in losing to bush wos in football beat silsbee and then struggle mightily against Richmond foster and look at wos now so move on from this game tigers and get ready for the next opponent you will not face a better team like bush all year.

Here is the truth, every thread that BMTsoulja feels he needs to bring up Central he does. No one in this thread gives a rats ass about Central sports! I don't and I'm sure no one else does. When I said this was the best team Silsbee has played in 15 years, that's my opinion. Central has won the same amount of state titles as Silsbee! About those two 40 point loses, the year before our JV squad came and beat that tail if I remember correct. Let me know when that football teams gets out of the 1st or 2nd round. 

Al this BS from BS!!  We Tigers know we got it handed to us tonight!  Bush is good and took it to us.  But I think we came in a little uneasy or something as well.  Didn't look like ourselves in that first half.  We settled down and looked a lot better I the second half.  Good learning experience.  Just wish it would have been a better showing.

Here is the truth, every thread that BMTsoulja feels he needs to bring up Central he does. No one in this thread gives a rats ass about Central sports! I don't and I'm sure no one else does. When I said this was the best team Silsbee has played in 15 years, that's my opinion. Central has won the same amount of state titles as Silsbee! About those two 40 point loses, the year before our JV squad came and beat that tail if I remember correct. Let me know when that football teams gets out of the 1st or 2nd round. 

Beat that tail you say...  It wa. A 3 point win..  a 3 point win when silsbee had a seasoned senior starter in the court and. Central started 2 freshman.  (those 2 freshmen are seniors now)

3A JV vs 4A Varsity. Also, Silsbee didn't have Reed, Holmes, Elam, or Jackson. All were playing football still. 1st blow out win vs Silsbee those kids were playing football as well. Last year, they had one practice before the Central game after that playoff game vs Henderson. 

Edited by BADSANTA

Al this BS from BS!!  We Tigers know we got it handed to us tonight!  Bush is good and took it to us.  But I think we came in a little uneasy or something as well.  Didn't look like ourselves in that first half.  We settled down and looked a lot better I the second half.  Good learning experience.  Just wish it would have been a better showing.

agreed

Just remember these teams are to help silsbee get ready for 4a competition don't forget bush is nationally ranked and beat north shore by 20 points also there is no shame in losing to bush wos in football beat silsbee and then struggle mightily against Richmond foster and look at wos now so move on from this game tigers and get ready for the next opponent you will not face a better team like bush all year.

Bush is ranked nationally by who ?

Stats

Score by quarters

1           2           3             4           tot

Silsbee                 8          4          26            26          64

Bush                   18        24         20            32           94

Team stats

FT%

Silsbee              11/23          48%

Bush                 27/39          69%

3 PT %

Silsbee             11/28          39%

Bush                 11/29          38%

Rebounds

Silsbee                    32

Bush                       43

Turnovers

Silsbee                   30

Bush                       20

Fouls

Silsbee                   25

Bush                      22

Individual scoring

Silsbee

Trajan Harris                15 (all in 2nd half, 5/10 three's)

Jordan Adams             11 (all in 2nd half, 3/7 three's)

Tre Grubbs                   10 (11 rebounds)

Ricky Maze                    8

Bruce Newton                7

Kalon Barnes                 5

Michael McCain             4

Dontre Thomas              3

Bush

Jalon Robinson              21 (5/12 three's)

Jalan Carter                   12 (10 in 4th Q, 8/8 FT)

Trevion Bradley              11

Remy Minor                    11

Peter Byrd                      10

Bryson Etienne                8

Trevor Gulley                   7

Darreon Mickell               6

Joshua Ihek                     6

Praise Akputa                 2

This was pretty simple to analyze. Silsbee is just not in Bush's league. In fact, Silsbee looked "bush" league tonight. My good friend WOSgrad had a great comparison tonight. He compared this loss to the WO-S football loss to Richmond Foster. I agree. Silsbee was out manned, out classed, out coached, out everything. Silsbee could play Bush 25 times and would lose all 25 games. They are by far the best team Silsbee has faced this season and it's not even close. The "stay in your lane" analogy would fit quite well in this situation.

I see where some have brought Central into this thread. Well, after seeing Silsbee play both, Bush would handle Central with no problem. Bush has to be the favorite to win 5A region III based on what I have seen so far.

Tigers need to put this one behind them and move on. They will not see a better team the rest of the year, that's a fact.

This was pretty simple to analyze. Silsbee is just not in Bush's league. In fact, Silsbee looked "bush" league tonight. My good friend WOSgrad had a great comparison tonight. He compared this loss to the WO-S football loss to Richmond Foster. I agree. Silsbee was out manned, out classed, out coached, out everything. Silsbee could play Bush 25 times and would lose all 25 games. They are by far the best team Silsbee has faced this season and it's not even close. The "stay in your lane" analogy would fit quite well in this situation.

I see where some have brought Central into this thread. Well, after seeing Silsbee play both, Bush would handle Central with no problem. Bush has to be the favorite to win 5A region III based on what I have seen so far.

Tigers need to put this one behind them and move on. They will not see a better team the rest of the year, that's a fact.

That's why I asked above.  I thought they were.  And would have to agree.  Hopefully the Beaumont schools will close the gap but at this point, looks like Bush is #1 for a reason.

If Silsbee would of played the first two qar" the same they win this one crazy... 

If Silsbee would of played the first two qar" the same they win this one crazy... 

No, they do not win this one or any other time they would play Bush this year. There was a reason why Silsbee only scored 12 points in the first half.

I admit, Silsbee played much better in 2nd half, but still lost by 30.

I take it Robinson was #1.  I can't believe he actually missed 7 3s it looked like he made about 8 in a row In That one stretch in the first half!!! Talk about a touch and shoot ability.  I am proud of the way my Tigers came out and played in that second half.  At halftime I didn't think they would even reach the 42 pts that Bush scored in the first half.  There was no doubt who the better team was tonight , it just looked worse integer first half than it really was.   Bush came out and took control and made us look like PNG did against us!  They kept us out of the paint, forced turnovers and out rebounded us badly.  The Tigers seemed to help them out being overwhelmed. We settled down an played better and harder in the second half especially in the third qtr.

I see they (Bush) have 3 losses in the year...  Losses to all 6a, #2 North Crowly, #3 DeSoto, and #10 Richardson. Not bad, but they are still losses, which means they could be beaten.  Same thing i  said last year.  They've also gotten into a battle with Lancaster already.  I've seen Lancaster play Ozen last year...  Very beatable and probably would've  beaten them by double digits had lil Dove not gotten injured...

Bush will represent 5A Region III in state. I still think Silsbee will represent 4A Region III in state. Hopefully Silsbee can rebound and win both games today. I do like the fact that Maze, Adams, and Harris are dropping 3 pointers better, but we also need to make free throws. 

Stick to the 4a ball.  2-5 in 5a can play with them (Bush). They barely escaped Lancaster.  

Bush will represent 5A Region III in state. I still think Silsbee will represent 4A Region III in state. Hopefully Silsbee can rebound and win both games today. I do like the fact that Maze, Adams, and Harris are dropping 3 pointers better, but we also need to make free throws. 

Bush is Jekyll and Hyde.....beat Silsbee , lost to same V-Prep team Central handled.

They have no go-to guy.

Courtney out coaches most of these teans and gets the most out of what he has , just hasnt won a "Big Playoff Game" in a long while.