GCM Open Parent Forum 12/8/15

Goose Creek CISD Athletic Director Bernie Mulvaney and the GC Athletic department will hold an open forum for parents on December the 8th at 6:00 PM in the GCM auditorium.

The forum will give the opportunity for the community to provide input about the next Head Football coach and Campus Athletic Director at GCM.

The forum will last an hour and will answer questions as well as seek input from the community.

Goose Creek CISD Athletic Director Bernie Mulvaney and the GC Athletic department will hold an open forum for parents on December the 8th at 6:00 PM in the GCM auditorium.

The forum will give the opportunity for the community to provide input about the next Head Football coach and Campus Athletic Director at GCM.

The forum will last an hour and will answer questions as well as seek input from the community.

gonna have tight security there? 

I am a subscriber to the online version of the Baytown Sun, and read it everyday. I too just read about it the day before the meeting. Perhaps this should of been sent out as an automated phone message like they do for so many other things in the district. 

I did go back and look at previous versions of the paper and noticed it was mentioned in the Dec. 4th edition. Guess I didn't read the paper that day. Hope they can find a good coach. I would think that it would be hard to get a coach with a succefull track record to want to come to a sitiuation where they will be out manned every Friday night as far as numbers go. 

They probably kept it on the down low because they DIDN'T want a lot of people there.

Not sure what you consider the "down low". They put a notice in the local newspaper. Outside of an IRIS Alert phone call, I'm not sure what else could have been done. 

Mr. Mulvaney gave out his contact information last night. If anyone still has concerns or comments they can contact him:

Bernine Mulvaney, CAA

Director of Athletics

Goose Creek CISD

281-420-4680

[email protected]

Not sure what you consider the "down low". They put a notice in the local newspaper. Outside of an IRIS Alert phone call, I'm not sure what else could have been done. 

Mr. Mulvaney gave out his contact information last night. If anyone still has concerns or comments they can contact him:

Bernine Mulvaney, CAA

Director of Athletics

Goose Creek CISD

281-420-4680

[email protected]

I was feeding off what the other posters put. If notice was given in the paper, then you're right, not much else could have been done.

It went about how I expected. I almost kinda laughed out loud a few times.  Before it even started there were a few talking about how Katy has 70-75 kids on their sidelines suited up. 1st we are not katy lol.

Another one was how great WOS is and they are small and all that. And they are great year in and year out with about 25 kids on the sideline.  We are not WOS.

Another lady said that all teams need to be the same from the freshman to the JV to the Varsity.  I guess that goes along with the everyone gets a ribbon for playing these days. If all 3 levels were the same then whats the point of having a goal to play varsity sports. Lets start giving out Letterman jackets to the freshman teams now.

I did say that we needed a coach that would not only take care of GCM and get the kids out playing that are walking the hall ways but some one who will also get his feeder schools in line. Yes high school is high school but it starts at the Jr High level. Got to get those kids motivated and looking forward to continuing some thing at the next level.

Edited by GCMinTheFuture

NDNation I agree,

Alot of parent didnt know about it. Heck i called one of the teachers at the HJS middle school and he didnt know about it. Yes it may have been posted in the Baytown Sun but not everyone gets the paper. Only reason I knew about it was due to the fact it was posted on here.

We copied and pasted it on Instagram lol..

Edited by GCMinTheFuture

You want things done, you got to rally the troops. A while back, we had to rally for our coach and some contract mumbo jumbo. That was at a board meeting. I see it posted here that this was the Athletic Department that called the meeting. So how does that work? The AD interviews applicants and then it goes to the board?

Yes, the Athletic Director narrows the pool of applicants based on resumes. He then does his initial interviews. Then narrows the field to 2 or 3, usually with a recommendation for who should get the job. Superintendent then either rubber stamps the recommendation from the AD or conducts follow up interviews himself. Then the Superintendent takes the recommendation to the School Board. Then the School Board either approves the recommendation or doesn't, 

Does GCM not have an athletic Twitter account? An athletic Facebook account? 

In today's world these are a must.

This is the hidden content, please
 (84 followers)

(166 Followers)

You want things done, you got to rally the troops. A while back, we had to rally for our coach and some contract mumbo jumbo. That was at a board meeting. I see it posted here that this was the Athletic Department that called the meeting. So how does that work? The AD interviews applicants and then it goes to the board?

The district has a committee that will conduct interviews and campus visits. They will present their recommendation to the school board for approval.