Rumblings at #1 Bridgeport!!!

Beating Kennedale is a good win. Still hoping they will play Dunbar to see who the best 4A team is.

I agree, that is a good win without their two best players. Silsbee handled Kennedale fairly easy last year.

Silsbee and a few others will have something to say about who the best in 4A will be.

Caleb Smith is a nice player and will be hard to replace.   But without Patterson, they won't be repeating.  If he goes prep, I would look out for whatever team comes out of our region.  

LaMarque out of Region 4 will be tough. I saw them play this past Saturday at New Caney tourney. They are good and will get two good players from football team this week.

I agree, that is a good win without their two best players. Silsbee handled Kennedale fairly easy last year.

Silsbee and a few others will have something to say about who the best in 4A will be.

Yeah, I was meaning last year. I think that would have been a good game. Dunbar in 4A would be a challenge and it would be exciting to see them have a chance to win state against Silsbee and Hardin-Jefferson. I feel that they would be ranked top 5 in 4A this year and last year.

Yeah, I was meaning last year. I think that would have been a good game. Dunbar in 4A would be a challenge and it would be exciting to see them have a chance to win state against Silsbee and Hardin-Jefferson. I feel that they would be ranked top 5 in 4A this year and last year.

Dunbar is preseason ranked 5A #25. What's wrong with that?

Dunbar is preseason ranked 5A #25. What's wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with that. They only have 700 students and have had 4A numbers for years. Their district won't let them drop. If they did drop they would become a power. It is similar to Lincoln who was finally allowed to drop last year. The fact that they are ranked in 5A with 1/3 of the population as other schools just goes to show how good they are.

You won't see me make that statement.  Sure I am excited about this team but lots of work to do before that is possible!  

Yeah, on the forum you may say one thing but among your Silsbee friends, you're probably just like all of them. Knowing that Silsbee will outplay Hardin Jeffereson and make it to San Antonio in 2016. Admit it!!!!!

Yeah, on the forum you may say one thing but among your Silsbee friends, you're probably just like all of them. Knowing that Silsbee will outplay Hardin Jeffereson and make it to San Antonio in 2016. Admit it!!!!!

I may like our chances but I personally will never jump to a guarantee like that. Otherwise I would have to pull my whole leg out of my life like Soulja did last year!!

Man, you will never here me say that, even in private to any of my friends. As a life long Silsbee fan, I have been disappointed a few times.

1983 in particular. IMO one of the best teams to ever play in Austin and lost to a very average Borger team. To many missed free throws.

If the Tigers would have played them 10 times any other time, Silsbee would have won all 10.

Edited by Pepper Brooks