Houston area vs setx

Half of those teams are not dallas. The best programs in the state are Fort Worth. Outside of Allen, Desoto, and Cedar Hill, the best programs are west of the county line. Calling them Dallas is like saying Beaumont is a part of Houston.

As for never splitting up. Denton does and they are loaded. So is Mansfield. Aledo is planning on a 2nd high school, but the growth has slowed. Argyle is smaller. Cedar Hill only has 2,000. Corsicana is small. There are mega schools, but it is not that many. Most are still small towns that are growing. Burleson and Crowley each have two schools.

Dude Beaumont is 90 miles from Houston. All the towns you are talking about are well within 30 minutes of Dallas or Ft Worth

Dude Beaumont is 90 miles from Houston. All the towns you are talking about are well within 30 minutes of Dallas or Ft Worth

that's the point I was trying to make. We get clumped with Houston  which is an hour and a half away,and those guys are griping being 15 mins away from Dallas or FW. Lol

that's the point I was trying to make. We get clumped with Houston  which is an hour and a half away,and those guys are griping being 15 mins away from Dallas or FW. Lol

i was stationed with a guy from Crowley, tell him he was from FW and he would flip out pissed. 

Aledo to Dallas is 50 Miles. Frisco and Allen to Fort Worth is 50 Miles. They are not one area. They are different. People from Fort Worth barely go to Dallas. People from Dallas barely go to Fort Worth. To lump Fort Worth as Dallas is worse than lumping Beaumont with Houston, because Fort Worth is almost the exact same size as Dallas and much much better. Y'all may not like it but that is fact but the best comparison is Beaumont and Houston. You don't lump San Antonio and Austin. So don't lump Dallas and Fort Worth.

Fort Worth hates Dallas. For reference the line is Tarrant County. Anything west is Fort Worth. East is Dallas.

Dallas has Allen, Desoto, Cedar Hill, Duncanville, Frisco, Plano, Irving, Grand Prairie, Lovejoy and east.
Fort Worth has Crowley, Everman, Carroll, Denton, Aledo, Burleson, Trinity, Mansfield, Arlington, Argyle and west.

What I miss most is the passion of the fan base.  When Dayton was in the Beaumont district, EVERY away game was an "event".  THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN IN HOUSTON!  Nederland had more fans at the Berry Center being 2 hours away than GRHS.  So glad I grew up on Port Neches and experienced the 70s playoffs.  Some of my greatest childhood memories involve PN-G Friday Night Lights, then I was in Dayton for 20 years and got to see ALL TIME SETX football greats take a small town to the title game, now I am at GRHS (just amazing to look back and know I was guided here), I gotta feeling GHRS will get past quarter finals this year, then who knows.  We all need to remember, this is ALL ABOUT THE KIDS, and unfortunately the adults ( myself included) get "over zealous".   Hopefully SETX FOOTBALL FANS (no matter what school) will pack out NRG stadium during the state title games.  Lets just remember that the Friday Night Light games we all enjoyed involved HUNDREDS, THOUSANDS of practice hours, not just from football, but the band, the drill team, the cheerleaders.  No other sport involves so many kids getting a chance to perform in front of thousands. ITS ALL ABOUT THE KIDS!

Back in the past they may have been different, but Crowley and Fort Worth are almost the same now. North Crowley is even in Fort Worth. What would he have said if you said he was from Dallas?

he would go out the dorm and smoke, face would be red lol. But he had fam in Beaumont, he told me it was different from Houston, made sense to me. 

I might be totally wrong but I was told one time from a family member that lived in the Katy area that zoning was a little sketchy and players that were there should have gone to other HS. I'm just curious how much that happens in those cities  around DFW, Houston, SA and Austin. Towns like the ones in 22-5a they are what they are, we don't have kids from orange or Nederland @ PNG, we play with the kids that are in our community. Just curios

I might be totally wrong but I was told one time from a family member that lived in the Katy area that zoning was a little sketchy and players that were there should have gone to other HS. I'm just curious how much that happens in those cities  around DFW, Houston, SA and Austin. Towns like the ones in 22-5a they are what they are, we don't have kids from orange or Nederland @ PNG, we play with the kids that are in our community. Just curios

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Im crying laughing lol!!!!!! 

I think with multiple high school districts there is that possibility. Desoto, Cedar Hill, Lancaster, and South Oak Cliff have always had players from one another transfer, but they have to sit out. I know the rumor with Mansfield schools and Aledo is that they just go find their talent at the Crowley middle school games. That's just a false rumor thought. I do not know much about San Antonio and Austin. Houston ISD has that issue because of their rule about letting the student pick their high school. If they transfer to any other district school after that they sit out.  Yates became a powerhouse because of this rule. There are cases, but it is not that much and for the most part, Texas is probably the best state when it comes to players playing for their community.

Edited by RaiderRed30

the point remains.

how many of those teams when people talk about dfw programs are from a town with multiple teams?

the big boys up there are Desoto, allen, cedar hill, aledo.

those are the ones people are talking about.

take Allen and cedar hill out and Katy and Pearland have a couple more titles.

it is extremely helpful to have a small town with one school.

that dynamic is not present in Houston because Houston annexed all of the surrounding areas. Cypress keeps creating new school after new school as does fort bend, Katy, Pearland area, humble.

imagine if atascocita, humble. And summer creek were still one school. You think they could put something together that would compete with Allen?

it's just a completely different landscape here.

the NFL has more players from the Houston area than Dallas.

Denton, Mansfield, HEB, Frisco, Lewisville, Garland, McKinney, Mesquite, Carrolton, Grapevine-Colleyville, Northwest, Burleston, Crowley, Grand Prairie, Arlington, Keller, Irving, Birdville, Houston, Fort Worth, Rockwall, Wylie and Plano are all multiple high school districts.

The only one school towns really are Allen (5500), Duncanville (4000) Cedar Hill (2200), Carroll (2600), Highland Park (2100), Aledo (1600), Everman (1300), Joshua (1400), Brewer (1700), Lancaster (1700), Lovejoy (1200), and Kennedale (1000).

Allen is the only one on that list that is large enough to be split up. Cedar Hill has 1000 less than Katy and beat them the past two years. This idea that Dallas and Fort Worth only have one school towns is not accurate. Cedar Hill is not growing. Either is Duncanville. They do not need a new school. Aledo is planning one if the ranch gets built up. Carroll has said no to two schools, but they cannot grow. Same with Highland Park. The schools that can grow will build a 2nd school. The ones that don't are the ones that don't have much room left to grow.

Allen and Plano are the exception with large schools. Duncanville can be considered as well. The schools are not larger, in fact they are smaller than Houston area schools.

Edited by RaiderRed30

I'm not talking about it being split up in the sense that they all have 5000 students creating an advantage..

You are arguing something that I am not even talking about.

Cedar Hill has a distinct advantage over fort bend Hightower.

Hightower is a new school, they progress, get good, then they come in and take half their players and put them at ridge point. Five years later fort bend comes in and rezones and more of your guys go to Elkins. They rezone the middle schools and you lose continuity there.

I don't  care about enrollment numbers.

One school towns are incredibly more likely to build the continuity needed to become powerhouses.

Edited by panamamyers

Houston vs Setx just look at the Vype Magazine football preview for Houston and Look at the preview for the Setx . You had teams pictured with Volleyball players on the same page ?  My point is its like Setx  (golden triangle) teams doesnt get the respect it once got . A lot of us remember Bill Mcmurry Greater Houston Football Magazine we were covered very well in those mags because well teams were making deep playoff runs . What was the last team from the area that won state ? Im gonna name teams from the last 40 years 1975 Png , 1976 Hebert ,  ,  1982 westbrook ,  1986 -1987 wos . Now i guess you can throw in newton , but like i said before im really talking about the golden triangle . I guess we can throw 1976 Barbers Hills , and 1979 hull diaesta since its Setx . Thats 7 state championships in a 10 year span (9 if you count newton 1998 and 2005 ) and 5 from the golden triangle.  I left the area in 1987 and started back following football from back home in 2012 and im shocked that it hasnt been a state champ from the GT area since 1987 .  

Crosby needs to schedule teams such as Pearland Dawson or friendswood or a solid 6a team like atascocita. Teams where simply tossing it around the corner and letting Williams outrun everyone will not work.

You have to challenge yourself to reach another level past where the pure athleticism can take you.

I think you're right. I don't know if it's a rule why we have to play SETEX  in the first game. I think we all should be playing a fort bend school, a CyFair school just to see how we match up. Is it are numbers?? I don't know. 

Edited by cougar44