Houston area vs setx

Crosby needs to schedule teams such as Pearland Dawson or friendswood or a solid 6a team like atascocita. Teams where simply tossing it around the corner and letting Williams outrun everyone will not work.

You have to challenge yourself to reach another level past where the pure athleticism can take you.

I agree about the schedule part but sometimes that doesn't mean nothing ml

RP didn't do anything special on defense, they were just better.  As far as scheduling goes, really no need to schedule a 6A team and really get your teeth kicked in. Crosby has scheduled Angleton and 22 5A 6 time district champ( probably won't have them on the schedule next year).  Angleton is quality program that's going to be pretty tough in the years to come.  Pretty much if you don't have a power running game like Katy, you have to be able to do other things when a team takes certain things away from you.  

Ridge Point is one of the newer schools in Fort Bend County.  I have family in Fort Bend and watching relatives participate in sports...I am familiar with the schools in Fort Bend.  Crosby Independent School District has one high school, kids from Crosby and Barrett Station.  Crosby, nor any other area school, has any reason to hang his or her head when you are dealing with schools who have the power to put bigger and faster players on the field because of the number of players to choose.

I still claim that the scheduling helps.

Maybe ridge point had ten weaknesses at the beginning of the season. Stratford brought two to light. Elkins brought two to light. PLC brought one to light. Etc.

Crosby had ten weaknesses but no one was ever strong enough to illuminate them so they were never fixed.

not sure I agree with no one brought it to light. Crosby did not blow dayton out crosby had a kick off return in the 4th that sealed the game but still a tough game. New Caney took crosby to ot.

when you schedule those big schools you risk injury just ask dayton the faced when they scrimmage Elkins and teams like that. Js.

Dallas is dominant because of issues that have nothing to do with football.

It's the same reason Dallas is worried about being landlocked and not having room to expand.

Dallas has a ton of small towns like Crosby all around the city. Imagine for a second that fort bend ridge point was a town and all of the kids would forever be zoned to that school. Just when ridge point gets going in another few years their high school will be split up and a new one will be built. Same with George ranch. Happened to Hightower when ridge point opened up. Will happen to manvel. Those are all separate little towns in Dallas and they stay one school. Aledo, Argyle, Cirsicana, Allen, Desoto, Cedar hill.

Imagine if Crosby had 3500 students and capped out there and never planned to split, and they built on that program for a couple of decades.

Dallas has dozens and dozens of scenarios like that.

the programs are in Dallas, the players are in Houston.

It's the same reason Dallas is worried about being landlocked and not having room to expand.

Dallas has a ton of small towns like Crosby all around the city. Imagine for a second that fort bend ridge point was a town and all of the kids would forever be zoned to that school. Just when ridge point gets going in another few years their high school will be split up and a new one will be built. Same with George ranch. Happened to Hightower when ridge point opened up. Will happen to manvel. Those are all separate little towns in Dallas and they stay one school. Aledo, Argyle, Cirsicana, Allen, Desoto, Cedar hill.

Imagine if Crosby had 3500 students and capped out there and never planned to split, and they built on that program for a couple of decades.

Dfw/east TXis dominant because they're not in the Stone Age when it comes to facilities, training, and money spending...they're doing everything they can possibly do to win state titles up there, I mean everything. I mean does dfw/east TX have that many better players than Houston Setx area? No. Then why does dfw/east TX have 5 times the number of state titles Houston and setx have in the past 5 years? 

Half of those teams are not dallas. The best programs in the state are Fort Worth. Outside of Allen, Desoto, and Cedar Hill, the best programs are west of the county line. Calling them Dallas is like saying Beaumont is a part of Houston.

As for never splitting up. Denton does and they are loaded. So is Mansfield. Aledo is planning on a 2nd high school, but the growth has slowed. Argyle is smaller. Cedar Hill only has 2,000. Corsicana is small. There are mega schools, but it is not that many. Most are still small towns that are growing. Burleson and Crowley each have two schools.

Half of those teams are not dallas. The best programs in the state are Fort Worth. Outside of Allen, Desoto, and Cedar Hill, the best programs are west of the county line. Calling them Dallas is like saying Beaumont is a part of Houston.

As for never splitting up. Denton does and they are loaded. So is Mansfield. Aledo is planning on a 2nd high school, but the growth has slowed. Argyle is smaller. Cedar Hill only has 2,000. Corsicana is small. There are mega schools, but it is not that many. Most are still small towns that are growing. Burleson and Crowley each have two schools.

yes but if you ask anyone not from Houston area, I.E. San Antonio, Dallas. They will tell you they consider Beaumont to be a Houston area school. Just like we consider Ennis to be a Dallas area school. Or Rockwall for that matter.

yeah, maybe I should have picked a couple a little farther out. Paris, Waxahacie?

I understood what you were saying. Paris is East Texas and Waxahacie is Dallas sort of. There's just a thing with Dallas and Fort Worth. People always assume it is Dallas and Fort Worth people hate being called Dallas. Two very different cities 40 miles apart. Even Cowboys Stadium has caused problems because it is in Arlington and the team is called Dallas, so the announcers refer to it as Dallas.

Truthfully the best football in the state is usually Fort Worth not Dallas. Just like some of the best basketball is Beaumont not Houston

I understood what you were saying. Paris is East Texas and Waxahacie is Dallas sort of. There's just a thing with Dallas and Fort Worth. People always assume it is Dallas and Fort Worth people hate being called Dallas. Two very different cities 40 miles apart. Even Cowboys Stadium has caused problems because it is in Arlington and the team is called Dallas, so the announcers refer to it as Dallas.

Truthfully the best football in the state is usually Fort Worth not Dallas. Just like some of the best basketball is Beaumont not Houston

I agree with you 100%. Just like we don't like being called a "Houston Area" team over here in Orange. I've heard it many times. Even on Fox Sports or the pre-game shows on Texas radio network etc. there are a few guys that know what's up and say "golden triangle" though.