Pearland 32 Beaumont West Brook 0/Final

WOSgrad

That game snowballed downhill fast.  I attended this game with Yeoj.  Good attendance by both teams.  especially Pearland.  I wish I would've taken a picture of their stands.  No empty seats.  (Nederland and PN-G, take notice lol )

The final score was 32-0 Pearland.  The score was deceptive because West Brook's defense actually played them well.  

Stupid pick 6 and bad field position had Pearland up early 9-0. The problem after that was predictable and imo, stupid play calling.  You run the ball up the middle when Pearland line is packed tight.  So you pass to Corbin, see that its working, and you don't go back to that same play.  You did go back to Corbin, but you go for the deep ball.  Take what the defense gives you.  In the second half, you have figured out how to run the ball.  West Brook is gashing them, then you went to passing the ball for the rest of the game, basically.  West Brook was down by 3 scores at this point and still had a chance.  

Pearland's offense is so basic, it's hard to believe they were a 10-0 team.  They didn't have a big play, that I've seen and moved the ball for minimum yards, but they DON'T make mistakes and seem to make you pay when you make a mistake.  

West Brook's Essex played horrible.  His passes were off and looked scared to get hit.  He was also directly responsible for multiple turnovers, a couple of interceptions and fumbles.  The West Brook congregation said there was a freshman on the bench that's better than Essex (everyone said that). West Brook may have wanted to think about bringing the Fish in on at least 1drive in that third quarter there to see what the youngster can do.  I just wanted them to be more competitives, too bad it didn't happen.  Congrats on a successful season.