Sheldon C.E. King 32 Beaumont Central 31/Final

WOSgrad

Not needed...in my opinion he called his best game offensively this year, opened up the playbook as Soulja says.  A botched snap on that 4th down play, couldn't have been predicted.  Whaley was already over 150 yards for the night with 3 TD's, nothing wrong with the playcall.  If he gets the yard and a half, then we probably have a different outcome.  

In my opinion, we showed why we are just a playoff team and nothing more.  The kids balled out but there were a few times where a championship team would have made the play on the field or not picked up a flag... 

First half, a King pass hits our safety in the hands and he drops it in the redzone.  King punches it in after that...

In the 3rd quarter, the snap goes over the King punters head into the endzone, he is able to pick it up and get off a punt.  At the least that should have been a safety for 2 points...

On a Central punt, the King returner muffs the punt.  Somehow we don't come up with the ball...

A holding call on a WR in the redzone which we wind up getting no points from in the 3rd quarter.

A false start in the redzone that we wind up settling for a field goal instead of punching it in.  That 4 points was the difference in the game...

The kids played their heart out tonight, left it on the field.  Nothing to be ashamed of imo.  

Well stated.  You touched on all instances where the game could've been put away.  Also, I did count 5 three and outs....  At one point, 3 consecutive...  Not sure if you can say good defense by King or predictable play calling.... 

Im just a casual fan, but ive always wondered  how a place like Beaumont(home of the pros) can never field a team thats good enough to get past the first round.

Casual fan my arse...he is probably sitting right next to fox and bitter because their team they follow hasn't been competitive in Lord knows how long...casual fan...

That was Central's chance. King was ripe for the picking but as has been the case so many times lately in these games, 21-5A just makes one or two more plays. I don't think coaching was an issue at all. 

Good season Central, and I mean that with no sarcasm. 

Ok I gotta ask does this game change your opinion for 22-5a any at all?

Well stated.  You touched on all instances where the game could've been put away.  Also, I did count 5 three and outs....  At one point, 3 consecutive...  Not sure if you can say good defense by King or predictable play calling.... 

King doesn't have a very good defense, but Central doesn't have a very good offense. Both of those units played about to their averages on the season last night. King also had a touchdown worth of special teams mistakes. Central held after King got the first interception that really could've swung the momentum. You were up by two touchdowns in the first and fourth quarters. I don't think there's any way Central plays a better football game than that given the circumstances. 

Ok I gotta ask does this game change your opinion for 22-5a any at all?

Not really. Central probably played the best overall game of their season right when they needed to and still lost by a point. It tells me the teams were pretty even as they were constructed last night. 

It's just that instead of the 21 carries for 142 and a touchdown Dremone Francis had, that's probably 21 carries for 242 and three or four touchdowns with Tray Williams healthy. Not only that, his presence on the field opens up opportunities for other players because of the attention he draws. 

Williams not playing for King is pretty close to Morse not playing for PNG. It's that much of a difference. 

LOL. Jeans will be worn tonight..had to put the foot down. Working out in the elements all day is a little different than sitting in the stands at night.

Poor guy at least find a way to make him think the pants was his idea. I tell my wife what I'm going to do and somehow end up doing what she says to do. Like a freakin Jedi mind trick or something. Now that I think about it let him wear his shorts dang it. Lol

Not really. Central probably played the best overall game of their season right when they needed to and still lost by a point. It tells me the teams were pretty even as they were constructed last night. 

It's just that instead of the 21 carries for 142 and a touchdown Dremone Francis had, that's probably 21 carries for 242 and three or four touchdowns with Tray Williams healthy. Not only that, his presence on the field opens up opportunities for other players because of the attention he draws. 

Williams not playing for King is pretty close to Morse not playing for PNG. It's that much of a differen

Ok Thought Id see a change in your opinion. This was a litmus test. Tells me what I need to know. Thanks for your candor

Poor guy at least find a way to make him think the pants was his idea. I tell my wife what I'm going to do and somehow end up doing what she says to do. Like a freakin Jedi mind trick or something. Now that I think about it let him wear his shorts dang it. Lol

He can wear shorts.....and he can use the barbie blanket when he gets cold..lol

But he would sit there and freeze before saying a word..lol

Yeah they are pretty good with the Jedi mind tricks.

Williams not playing for King is pretty close to Morse not playing for PNG. It's that much of a difference. 

Jr/Sr yrs Tray Williams rush tot=3,665 =9.19 per rush=45 tds & 10 recieving tds=55 tot

Ok Thought Id see a change in your opinion. This was a litmus test. Tells me what I need to know. Thanks for your candor

Think about what I'm saying though. This is how King basically finished the season; barely beating BH by 4 points in the last minute, struggling with 1 win Porter and 3 win KP then losing by 37 in the district championship game. . . WITH Williams. I think he got hurt on the opening kick return against Crosby in the second half. 

Why would I not think Central could make the game tight with King not having their All-American back? After somebody told me Williams was still limping this week I said, "there will be some uncomfortable fans on both sides of the stadium". Meaning I expected it to be a lot tighter than it would be if he was healthy. 

Think about what I'm saying though. This is how King basically finished the season; barely beating BH by 4 points in the last minute, struggling with 1 win Porter and 3 win KP then losing by 37 in the district championship game. . . WITH Williams. I think he got hurt on the opening kick return against Crosby in the second half. 

Why would I not think Central could make the game tight with King not having their All-American back? After somebody told me Williams was still limping this week I said, "there will be some uncomfortable fans on both sides of the stadium". Meaning I expected it to be a lot tighter than it would be if he was healthy. 

Hey we all have our opinions. Yours is the same as mine just from different sides. We all have them....

Im just a casual fan, but ive always wondered  how a place like Beaumont(home of the pros) can never field a team thats good enough to get past the first round.

that was the old beaumont. it will never happen again the way it is has been. it seems people want to move out of beaumont more than they want to move in. 

Edited by fox