Nederland and New Caney

_chorizo11

the WR  for NC didn't have possession of the ball on the next to last TD I was on the 10 yd line nearest to the scoreboard so I had a good view.  One PI call against Ned was correct but the second one right after was BS. The unsportsmanlike penalties were ridiculous and just extended a couple of drives for NC. I'm not sure what game BG was watching

watching the same game minus bias. Im not from ned or nc. 

I've always thought that if the D jumps offsides but doesn't touch anyone, then it's a no call. Is that wrong? 

I "think" that if the defense jumps off and gets back but causes an offensive player to move to counteract the defense rushing in, it is offsides with no contact. 

On the play you are talking about Nederland jumped and not only got back, there was never a snap. 

Will you show New Caney respect should they win? Have to say we respect Nederland. You don't make the playoffs for years and win district championships without having a good program. Having said that, no one has been able to hold the New Caney offense down this year. We will score at least 6 touchdowns. Will Nederland be able to match NC in a high scoring game? You will have to have a balanced offense to do that.

You were right about the 6 TDs... for Nederland....

Will you show New Caney respect should they win? Have to say we respect Nederland. You don't make the playoffs for years and win district championships without having a good program. Having said that, no one has been able to hold the New Caney offense down this year. We will score at least 6 touchdowns. Will Nederland be able to match NC in a high scoring game? You will have to have a balanced offense to do that.

I just looked at the box scores from this year for New Caney. You are correct, they have really not been stopped all year, even in losses. Let's see, total according to the Houston Chronicle in yards against:

Diboll 499, Huffman-Hargrave 641, Porter 431, CE King 382, Barbers Hill 439, Humble 344, Galena Park 551, Kingwood Park 557, even mighty Crosby 443 and wrapping it up with Dayton 477. 

That is a stunning 476 yards per game.

Against Nederland, the Chronicle has New Caney at 206 yards. The Port Arthur News was a bit more generous and gives New Caney 215 yards. Kinda crazy defense for a team east of the Trinity River.

Well, we can say that "almost" no one has been able to hold the New Caney offense down this year.  

The above is meant in humor against fans and smack talking. Congratulations for Coach Pennington and the Eagles for one of their most successful years and they appear to be building their own winning tradition. Hopefully it will help build some fan support also. 

I "think" that if the defense jumps off and gets back but causes an offensive player to move to counteract the defense rushing in, it is offsides with no contact. 

On the play you are talking about Nederland jumped and not only got back, there was never a snap. 

if a defender jumps offsides and has a clear run at the backfield then it is considered "Offsides Unabaded To The QB" and it doesn't matter if an offensive player moves or the ball is snapped.  Play should be blown dead. They just waited for the guy to get back before the blew the whistle...correct call just late.

While yes I'm biased, I'll always shoot straight on officiating...but it wasn't pretty.  If you show early you are going to let them play you gotta keep it going and not change your tune all of the sudden.  

Fisher (I think) tried to come back to an under thrown ball down the Ned. sideline on the 1st drive and the DB ran right through him...no call.

One the 1st 2-PT try, Mayfield was being tackled by 2 guys before the ball left LeBaron's hand...no call.

Late 3rd on Ned's consecutive PI's, I would have had no problem with them (1st more than 2nd) had they called it the same early. They were no worse than what New Caney did with no calls.

However, the unsportsmanlike calls can't really be commented on because there is no way to know what was said to warrant them.

Nederland had a heck of a defensive game plan to keep that offense to 28 points.

According to some it wasnt Nederlands game plan but just a bad game by NC. Nederland could in no way do that on there own. I agree CougarCal with what you say. Neuman is a top notch caoch and you know what I mean more than most from 21-5A. He is good at doing just what happened in the game against NC. 

Agree, I believe they held them to under half their normal yardage output as well.  It was part game plan, but a lot of the credit goes to those kids who believed in what was being asked of them and continued to work when things didn't go well early in the year.  This defense has gotten better every game of the second half of the season... significantly better.

First to admit I doubted our D, and didnt see this kind of improvement coming.....Spell has squeezed every drop from this group.

Got a three and out on NC, then first play from scrimmage was Krautz's long TD run. That helps to get the momentum going your way.

Nederland's biggest problem is penalties, especially the dumb ones.

I think the penalties have a lot to do with the amount of emotion required by these kids to play at the level they are playing.  You tell a kid long enough that he isn't good enough and if he's a Competitor, hes gonna play angry for 48 minutes.  I think as they understand that they are a good defense, maybe this settles a bit.  But I'm not complaining, these boys are getting after it right now.

I think the penalties have a lot to do with the amount of emotion required by these kids to play at the level they are playing.  You tell a kid long enough that he isn't good enough and if he's a Competitor, hes gonna play angry for 48 minutes.  I think as they understand that they are a good defense, maybe this settles a bit.  But I'm not complaining, these boys are getting after it right now.

Totally agree. NC's QB was taunting and of course they flag the second guy. Emotions run high and I like the way we are playing defense, we just need to contol it a tad better. Cant get away with it against George Ranch.

Totally agree. NC's QB was taunting and of course they flag the second guy. Emotions run high and I like the way we are playing defense, we just need to contol it a tad better. Cant get away with it against George Ranch.

taunting? smh.

Your D came up big second half and now we are pulling for you. Please don't belittle the NC QB. He had a great senior year.