TJ and Lincoln

CS.

I saw a guy wearing a Lincoln Bumblebee basketball jersey at Central Mall the other day.  I wish TJ and Lincoln were still around.  It's just not the same with Memorial. 

Anyone else feel the same?  Or nah?

wouldn't care for either one honestly, now um SFA on the other hand……………….. :)

Better off with ONE HS like it should have been long before 2002. 

wouldn't care for either one honestly, now um SFA on the other hand……………….. :)

Better off with ONE HS like it should have been long before 2002. 

I just do not understand the thinking... All 3 schools had rivalries, school spirit, history, etc.... Traditions..... Besides the fact that it probably saves the city money, which possibly they are paying the city council, lol... I just dont get it all....

I went to school and graduated from EC, but I was born in Port Arthur (moved to Winnie when I was 5). My dad was a die hard TJ grad and started taking me to Yellow Jacket games when I was 1 year old. Even after we moved to Winnie we went to the TJ games on Friday nights. I bled maroon and gold when I was a kid. When I started high school at EC I had probably attended as many if not more TJ games than any of the freshmen at TJ. 

The good days remembered. Memorial's problem isn't Talent, the problem is you can't simulate Pride & Tradition, something Memorial severely lacks. There was no other place many of us as kids would rather be than our HS Football games on Friday night. We couldn't drive ourselves, so our Parents took us to the games we speak of so fondly. PA kids parents loyalty & pride is split 3 ways, leaving 1 Memorial HS suffering from within the City Limits. I've lived in Beaumont for nearly 13 yrs and I attend as many Memorial Football & Basketball games as I can. My kids attend Ozen, some of the same Pride issues as PA going on here in Beaumont with the pride lines being split. I tell my kids often how unfortunate for them they didn't get to experience the Beauty of being a Proud Lincoln Bumblebee. I can't imagine being at any other School in any other Town. Nothing Like PA(the PA I remember)

Eagles, Jackets, Bees   ( PA Throwback)

The good days remembered. Memorial's problem isn't Talent, the problem is you can't simulate Pride & Tradition, something Memorial severely lacks. There was no other place many of us as kids would rather be than our HS Football games on Friday night. We couldn't drive ourselves, so our Parents took us to the games we speak of so fondly. PA kids parents loyalty & pride is split 3 ways, leaving 1 Memorial HS suffering from within the City Limits. I've lived in Beaumont for nearly 13 yrs and I attend as many Memorial Football & Basketball games as I can. My kids attend Ozen, some of the same Pride issues as PA going on here in Beaumont with the pride lines being split. I tell my kids often how unfortunate for them they didn't get to experience the Beauty of being a Proud Lincoln Bumblebee. I can't imagine being at any other School in any other Town. Nothing Like PA(the PA I remember)

Eagles, Jackets, Bees   ( PA Throwback)

Could not of said it better!  There is also something for neighborhood schools........Memorial is dang near in Port Neches.... 

Could not of said it better!  There is also something for neighborhood schools........Memorial is dang near in Port Neches.... 

probably a good thing away from the main part of the city, take a look at Ozen and South Park for example: 2 days 1 lockdown at Ozen and 1 at SP. Just saying things could be worse. 

With that said I wish the school was built in Port Acres :)

Wow I remember as a young girl the TJ Yellow Jackets and Jimmy Johnson riding into WO stadium years ago. TD and BD were on the team back then; these days everyone talks about the QB’s and receivers on teams, but back then no one was better than those two. Coach Jimmy’s warm up drill was outlined like a pro-team I was impressed. As far as the Lincoln Bumble Bees Joe Washington and his son Joe Jr, what a duo. Purple and Gold. This is a good thread!  

probably a good thing away from the main part of the city, take a look at Ozen and South Park for example: 2 days 1 lockdown at Ozen and 1 at SP. Just saying things could be worse. 

With that said I wish the school was built in Port Acres :)

You are from Port Acres?  I used to run around out there and date their girls....made the "locals" mad:)