Crosby vs CE King Prediction Thread

Red Dawn

I'm still searching. There aren't any statistics that give me an inclination one way or the other. The one discrepancy I can see is that King has the last ranked rushing defense in the district giving up 232.8ypg and the sixth ranked passing defense giving up 184.1ypg. King averages about 3 more ppg than Crosby on offense and gives up about 8 ppg more than Crosby on defense. All the indicators say this one should be close but depending on how healthy Crosby is I think we can get this one by 2+ tds. King isn't the same team they were a year ago and Crosby has the personnel to exploit the things BH, KP and Porter fully couldn't.  

And its at the Jungle so there is that edge.

I'm still searching. There aren't any statistics that give me an inclination one way or the other. The one discrepancy I can see is that King has the last ranked rushing defense in the district giving up 232.8ypg and the sixth ranked passing defense giving up 184.1ypg. King averages about 3 more ppg than Crosby on offense and gives up about 8 ppg more than Crosby on defense. All the indicators say this one should be close but depending on how healthy Crosby is I think we can get this one by 2+ tds. King isn't the same team they were a year ago and Crosby has the personnel to exploit the things BH, KP and Porter fully couldn't.  

If Crosby doesn't beat theirselves with penalties or turnovers I think they win easily. By easily I'm thinking 14. King is no where close to the team they were last year. Dayton had nearly 500 yds offense and that was with 4 turnovers at terrible times. I also think NC moved the ball easily on CK. Brantley and Williams are more than capable of going off but on the defensive side they will need help to stop Crosby. If I had to put money on it I would go with Crosby at home but so many things can make a football game hard to predict.

Edited by bronco pride

D2 is absolutely loaded in region 3 this year. Probably just as hard as it was in '12. It might get a lot harder if Bush beats Ball this weekend and send Ridge Point D2, even though they just turned in an enrollment of 2,348. Texas City is currently undefeated in that district also and will play Ridge Point for the championship Friday. Magnolia and College Station can beat any D2 team from the region on a given night also. The regional champ will have done some serious work.

Sounds like a very hard fought road to the semi's this year

Dayton fans picking Crosby- Wow!!

I hope it is a close ballgame and no one from either side gets hurt. Playoffs are just around the corner.

I didnt. I picked King. I don't care what Crosby posters say. All those "division one" players they seem to have, they should have been blowing everyone in our district out! But that is MY opinion.. Which really means nothing to them.. haha!

I didnt. I picked King. I don't care what Crosby posters say. All those "division one" players they seem to have, they should have been blowing everyone in our district out! But that is MY opinion.. Which really means nothing to them.. haha!

you got that right.  Now why are you in a Crosby thread?...seem to have an issue when we are in a Dayton one.  Move along 

Other than Dayton we have blown out all the teams that also don't have "division one" players. Crosby does have more studs than everybody else but it's the other players we develop which are a large part of the reason we're 32-3 the last three years.

It's very hard to blow people out when everybody we play brings it every night. 

Dayton fans picking Crosby- Wow!!

I hope it is a close ballgame and no one from either side gets hurt. Playoffs are just around the corner.

Edited by Octfeb

Other than Dayton we have blown out all the teams that also don't have "division one" players. Crosby does have more studs than everybody else but it's the other players we develop which are a large part of the reason we're 32-3 the last three years.

According to you.. Yall have like what? 7 or 8? Heck maybe the whole team is...  How many does Humble have? That score was 24-33 Not even a blow out... Apparently Dayton has none. Yet the score was 20-30. How many does NC have?  That score was 42-35 in OT! 

Umm one because I can be here... And two because I went to King.. So mind your business as to why I am here... 

ask for the same level of 'respect' when an opinion other than yours is given about dayton.  Move along, again.

According to you.. Yall have like what? 7 or 8? Heck maybe the whole team is...  How many does Humble have? That score was 24-33 Not even a blow out... Apparently Dayton has none. Yet the score was 20-30. How many does NC have?  That score was 42-35 in OT! 

It's not "according to" anybody.  It's public knowledge that can be looked up if you want to.  

We have 16, 17 & 18 year old kids just like you do.  You act like them being college recruited athletes is a negative.  We're 32-3 over the last 3 years.  The God given ability of our kids is one reason, but most places have kids with ability.  This staff and these kids bust their tail all spring and summer.  Some other programs do too.  Some don't.  But there's lots of reasons we are 32-3.  I find that those that usually comment on wins not being by enough to earn respect are those that are chasing us.

Go Crosby!!!