Augustus or Christ? Rome to U.S.A.

5GallonBucket

August, our 8th month, is named after Augustus Caesar, nephew of Julius.  In fact, every month of our year is based on the Roman calendar.  Likewise, Roman law had a big influence on our law system, but what about Rome in the BIBLE?  How Rome fit into God’s Plan

Romans 5:1  - ‘in due time Christ died for the ungodly’.  The exact time was the time of the Roman Empire

Daniel 2:40,44 - the 4th Kingdom of Nebuchadnezzar’s dream is made of iron and clay and represents Rome.  The 5th kingdom is a ‘stone not cut by human hands’ which destroys Rome and stands forever.  This is the Lord’s Church.

Luke 2:1 -  Augustus Caesar decrees the entire world be counted and taxed, including Joseph and Mary

Colossians 1:23 - Roman peace and Roman roads help make possible the evangelizing of the world in 30 years

Romans 1:18-32 - Rome, like all heathen nations, forgot God, were not thankful and descended into the 2 dozen or so listed sins which sound like our modern society.

Matthew 24:1-35  - Christ describes not the ‘7 year tribulation after the rapture’ as our premillennial friends teach, but the surrounding and starving of Jerusalem by Roman General Titus in A.D. 70.

Philemon -   Runaway slave Onesimus finds Paul in prison in Rome and is converted and sent back to his master

Revelation 1:1 - this great book is not a detailed version of the 21st century as many teach, but ‘things which must shortly come to pass’; the war between Rome and the church.  Rome fell but the church lives today.

After 1000 years, Rome fell.  Why?  Do these sound familiar?

Spreading military too thin

Economic instability

Big government (free bread and circuses)

Moral Decay (divorce, homosexuality, abortion, transgender, etc)

Think about it….the United States of America is only in its 250th year.

No doubt that the U. S., the most powerful, prosperous country the world has ever known, will be gone in much less than a thousand years.  Our downfall will boggle the minds of future historians.  

Also, the city itself was, I believe, was over 50% full of immigrants, slaves and released prisoners.  I could be wrong, but that is stashed in my memory bank from somewhere.  Therefore the Romans could spend their time, well, use your imagination. 

A man walks to the store buys a bag off ice and a lottery ticket .he wins and becomes a millioniare . You can repeats his steps a million times without the same result.

A man gets shot in the head with a gun he's released from hospital the same day no major injuries...  Doesn't make a difference for the next guy that gets shot in the head. 

A man walks to the store buys a bag off ice and a lottery ticket .he wins and becomes a millioniare . You can repeats his steps a million times without the same result.

A man gets shot in the head with a gun he's released from hospital the same day no major injuries...  Doesn't make a difference for the next guy that gets shot in the head. 

Give my honest response pf10.  I hope your implication is correct. I hope I'm so wrong that they bring up my post 250 yrs from now, get a big laugh, and talk about what a fool I am.  I really do!