Local media coverage?

BADSANTA

I tune into KFDM and Channel 12 online every week and was wondering if you guys were going to cover Silsbee Tiger football in any of your segments? Even at 4-2 they are averaging over 45ppg and have Maybe one of the best Wide receiver groups in area and the most exciting QB in Dontre Thomas in the area. I have seen every one from Lumberton, Ozen, PNG, Nederland, BC, WOS, etc...  Is there a media bias vs Silsbee? 

Edited by BADSANTA

There was media coverage when they played WOS!!!! LOL

I would put WOS receivers up against any in the area. They may not be that big but they are good and they can run. JMO

TD, Santa always feeling some type away about his Tigeers. (They're Great).......  Lol... Earlier in the year Silsbee was the best team in the area! Now he claims that Silsbee has the best WR Core in the area.  Santa please stop it. Now you crying about Media Coverage..... Lol...... Yes it's a media bias, only from the things you said about WOS kids in the Silsbee Vs WOS thread. The Sports Anchor on KFDM or WOS Fans....  Lol

Edited by Kj Dad

I would have to put the Tigers receivers up there with any group in the area.  WOS right there as well based on the game against us.  Dontre has to be right up there as far as dual threats as well.  I don't know about the media as I rarely watch the news.  As far as the Tigers being the best team in the area,  WOS proved that wrong.  The Tigers will not be the best until we can play defense,  part of that will have to come from time of possession.

I would have to put the Tigers receivers up there with any group in the area.  WOS right there as well based on the game against us.  Dontre has to be right up there as far as dual threats as well.  I don't know about the media as I rarely watch the news.  As far as the Tigers being the best team in the area,  WOS proved that wrong.  The Tigers will not be the best until we can play defense,  part of that will have to come from time of possession.

+1

The Silsbee QB is the best in the area?  More so than the WOS QB?  The Ozen QB? The H-F QB?  I have seen all of them play and I cannot put the Silsbee guy above any of them.  He is very talented, no doubt, but to say he is the best is a stretch.  Local media goes where they have relationships.  The HJ coach has been on the Sports Extra at least twice in his 6 months here and they are not the best team around here.  How often has EC been on it this year?  They may be the best team in the area!

Ashly and Andrew can correct me on this, but their coverage of football, even on their post game shows, is limited by time constraints.  Thus, the ability to focus on individual players or units of a team is likewise limited and most time unavailable.  When they focus on something outside of the scores, it is usually big match ups: Mid County Madness and the like.

I'd be happy that the schools around here get the coverage that they do, rather than lamenting that an individual unit doesn't get as much time as you believe they deserve.

Lol Santa never that buddy.  I figured since I stop by Victoria Secret  I got u matching Panties & Bra. You're the one crying about Media Coverage for you Tigers, and claiming there the Best WR Core in the area, and I'm not saying WOS is, but ik they're better then Silsbee WR Core.  Our WR Core can play 4. Quarters. While some teams only good for 3 quarters..... Lol (Stop all the whinning, attention seeking for your team,  thrash talking, excuses when your team lose,  and just man up.  I see why you have 9000+ post and only 270 + likes.  You been on my bad side since that comment you made about our kids.

Edited by Kj Dad

The Silsbee QB is the best in the area?  More so than the WOS QB?  The Ozen QB? The H-F QB?  I have seen all of them play and I cannot put the Silsbee guy above any of them.  He is very talented, no doubt, but to say he is the best is a stretch.  Local media goes where they have relationships.  The HJ coach has been on the Sports Extra at least twice in his 6 months here and they are not the best team around here.  How often has EC been on it this year?  They may be the best team in the area!

I don't think either of us said the best qb in the area,  BS did say most exciting.  He is one  of if not the best dual threats.  

I see how you snuck that in there.lol!  Im not sure about that........

I see how you snuck that in there.lol!  Im not sure about that........

they're better than last yr per eye test to me. As far as best in the area (setxsports.com) give me Crosby until somebody knocks them off, but EC is really good, go catch one of their games. 

KJ Dad seems kind of sweet to me! No crying bro. Just facts and stats. WOS deserves the field media coverage they get. So does every other school in the area. My question was it seems Silsbee gets minimal coverage. The only time in the 1st 7 weeks I recall was the game vs WOS. 

you gonna get your wish Week 11 long as yall and Jasper keep winning. 

KJ Dad seems kind of sweet to me! No crying bro. Just facts and stats. WOS deserves the field media coverage they get. So does every other school in the area. My question was it seems Silsbee gets minimal coverage. The only time in the 1st 7 weeks I recall was the game vs WOS. 

Santa you can call me what you want bro.  But I'm not hard too find if you would like to meet me in person one-day.  I'm always at my kid games (Football,  Basketball and Baseball) . I know WOS Deserves media attention, but if they didn't get attention. I can bet no WOS Fan would get on a message board asking why this why that. Silsbee Is good but people like you make them look bad.  Silsbee got there media attention and blew it.... Lol..... When I see Andrew I'mma make damn sure too tell him to give Silsbee some attention just for you.  I notice you just one of those people that Love The Limelight.  Be careful what you ask for, it might bite you in the arse..... Lol

The coverage, as I have said before, is one matchups, usually involving two teams which are in the KFDM and/or KBMT (and their derivatives) broadcasting area.  A look at the the opponents of the 4 teams that you mentioned might shed a little light:

Silsbee Tigers

Week 1 - at Barbers Hill (outside of KFDM/KBMT coverage area)

Week 2 - at Coldspring-Oakhurst (outside of KFDM/KBMT coverage area)

Week 3 - Livingston (outside of KFDM/KBMT coverage area)

Week 4 - West Orange-Stark (KFDM/KBMT coverage area)

Week 5 - at Little Cypress-Mauriceville (KFDM/KBMT coverage area)

Week 6 - Huffman Hargrave (outside of KFDM/KBMT coverage area)

Week 7 - OPEN

Thus, Silsbee in their first 7 weeks have faced schools outside of the KFDM/KBMT coverage area in 4 of those weeks with 2 of those games requiring someone from either of the stations to travel outside of their coverage area to get footage of Tiger games.  Another week, the Tigers were off.  That left only 2 games which featured match ups between local teams (one of them which you admit received sufficient coverage).

Lumberton Raiders

Week 1 - Hamshire-Fannett in Beaumont (KFDM/KBMT coverage area)

Week 2 - OPEN

Week 3 - at Bridge City (KFDM/KBMT coverage area)

Week 4 - at Orangefield (KFDM/KBMT coverage area)

Week 5 - Beaumont Ozen (KFDM/KBMT coverage area)

Week 6 - at Beaumont Central  (KFDM/KBMT coverage area) on a Saturday

Week 7 - Port Neches-Groves (KFDM/KBMT coverage area)

Thus, in the first 7 weeks, the only time Lumberton didn't have a game within the KFDM/KBMT coverage area was when they were off in Week 2.

Hamshire-Fannett Longhorns

Week 1 - Lumberton (KFDM/KBMT coverage area) in Beaumont

Week 2 - at Anahuac (KFDM/KBMT coverage area)

Week 3 - East Chambers (KFDM/KBMT coverage area)

Week 4 - at Buna (KFDM/KBMT coverage area)

Week 5 - Smithville (outside of KFDM/KBMT coverage area)

Week 6 - at Beaumont Kelly (KFDM/KBMT coverage area)

Week 7 - OPEN

Thus, during the 1st seven weeks of the season, H-F has faced a team in the KFDM/KMBT coverage area 5 times, a team outside of their coverage area only once and a week off.

Vidor Pirates

Week 1 - Panama City (outside of KFDM/KBMT coverage area)

Week 2 - at Jasper (KFDM/KBMT coverage area)

Week 3 - at Channelview (outside of KFDM/KBMT coverage area)

Week 4 - OPEN

Week 5 - at Nederland (KFDM/KBMT coverage area)

Week 6 - Baytown Lee (outside of KFDM/KBMT coverage area)

Week 7 - Beaumont Ozen (KFDM/KBMT coverage area)

So in the first 7 weeks, Vidor has faced 3 teams inside their coverage area, 3 teams outside their coverage area and 1 week off.

Remember, what I said earlier, these folks are heavily constrained and usually have to focus on local games as they have a lot of games to follow (AND I WOULD KNOW!).

And for Silsbee, it will not be any better this week for a couple of reasons. First, the game is in Splendora (Montgomery County).  Second, Silsbee is gonna SMOKE Splendora! As they play teams like Bridge City and Jasper, you should see them more.

Edited by WOSgrad

Aggiesarewe you and I both know I'm right. 

No, you are wrong. I know the local media guys personally. There is no bias against Silsbee. Just a figment of your imagination.

I have seen plenty of video of Silsbee on both local TV scoreboard shows and each has done a feature on the Tigers this season. Same with Beaumont Enterprise. Also, Silsbee has it's own newspaper and just one of the few area teams that has it's own radio/internet broadcast.

Silsbee get's covered plenty.

• 2 weeks later...

Santa I just seen your Silsbee Tigers on The News not long ago on KFDM...  Ik your happy now, just make sure Silsbee don't blow there opportunity again.... Lol.... Bekuz I don't want to see you crying on the message board about them not getting coverage. 

Edited by Kj Dad