Goose Creek Memorial 38 Baytown Lee 25/Final

WOSgrad

Good win for GCM. The score should of been much worse, but all the penalties let Lee hang around for a while.  Need to cut down on the penalties. According to the Houston Chronicle we had 11 penalties for 98 yards.  That seems kind of low.  I know we had 2 long TDs called back due to penalties. Hopefully this will be the first win in the playoff push.

23rd loss in a row for Lee.  Feel bad for their kids, they do try but from a physical and talent aspect they just don't have much.    Every team I've seen them play the last 3 years since we moved here has had bigger, stronger, faster kids than REL has. 

I feel for the kids as well. They play hard and never give up. I'm rooting for Lee every week except for the week they play GCM of course. Hopefully they get a win soon. 

23rd loss in a row for Lee.  Feel bad for their kids, they do try but from a physical and talent aspect they just don't have much.    Every team I've seen them play the last 3 years since we moved here has had bigger, stronger, faster kids than REL has. 

you came about twenty years too late. From 1994-2007 they fielded a good four or five teams that were a break here or there from advancing out of region three to the semifinals.

That's because 20 years ago I was still in Beaumont (WB 1988) and working at KLVI and Doug play by play for different games every Friday night.  I remember the old Lee teams  and the names associated with their school Drew Tate who went on to Iowa and the CFL and Ell Roberson to Kansas State and a pain in the arise of Longhorns for years