Beaumont Central 28 Lumberton 21/Final

WOSgrad

My honest assessment is this: Mid County Madness will determine the DC.. 

I cant quite see either of those teams making the playoffs.. However, with Whaley, I think Central would have the better chance... Lumberton looks a tad better than last year, and Central not as good as last year. Central does have some speed. Lumberton not so much.. If Vidor keeps pounding the rock they should have a shot at possibly the 3 spot. GCM in my opinion will win a few district games.... Central pulled it off in the end, but honestly, it shouldn't have had to come down to that.... Lumberton played hard, but lost a few key players. I think the big tight end is the key receiver. I will give their coach credit, he has them playing inspired football... But Central let them stay in the game with a ton of penalties and some questionable play calling.. But as I've said before, these are all opinions and you still have to play the games on Fridays to get the outcome.. And anything can happen...

I agree with your assessment of the game but with 2 wins and really only needing 2 more, you don't think Central will get in?  Really all they need is one, chalk up the game with Lee as a W...

that's funny y'all barely won that was a close game period and in no way can you or anyone take rhat away from our BOYS raiders all the way 

Another newbie with their feelings hurt...no it wasn't a blow out, I never said it would be but I did say you all wouldn't win...so yes, the L-Train has been derailed but I hope it's back on track for PN-G next week...

I agree with your assessment of the game but with 2 wins and really only needing 2 more, you don't think Central will get in?  Really all they need is one, chalk up the game with Lee as a W...

I haven't seen Vidor yet.. So I'm just assuming really. Yeah I think Central has a shot. Whaley gives YALL that chance, so it just depends on how it plays out.. Your DC did make adjustments, so I think defensively that will help make a difference.... Nederland and PNG are locks, so maybe Vidor and Central.. Ozen you never know.... Still a toss up .. I'm just throwing out opinions... Honestly I would pound the rock 40 times a game with Whaley...

Run the Ball with Whaley.  They had NO answers for this young man.  But we make it hard.  Smh.

I would give him the ball every play until the defense proves they can stop him.. He plays with some class too, I liked that about him! Run the ball, get up and go again. Do the talking between the whistles, and that's what he seemed to do. Hope he does good at the next level too!

My honest assessment is this: Mid County Madness will determine the DC.. 

I cant quite see either of those teams making the playoffs.. However, with Whaley, I think Central would have the better chance... Lumberton looks a tad better than last year, and Central not as good as last year. Central does have some speed. Lumberton not so much.. If Vidor keeps pounding the rock they should have a shot at possibly the 3 spot. GCM in my opinion will win a few district games.... Central pulled it off in the end, but honestly, it shouldn't have had to come down to that.... Lumberton played hard, but lost a few key players. I think the big tight end is the key receiver. I will give their coach credit, he has them playing inspired football... But Central let them stay in the game with a ton of penalties and some questionable play calling.. But as I've said before, these are all opinions and you still have to play the games on Fridays to get the outcome.. And anything can happen...

Great post and great assessment.  BTW, nice meeting you.  Enjoyed watching the game with Biaplayer and SFA85...

I haven't seen Vidor yet.. So I'm just assuming really. Yeah I think Central has a shot. Whaley gives YALL that chance, so it just depends on how it plays out.. Your DC did make adjustments, so I think defensively that will help make a difference.... Nederland and PNG are locks, so maybe Vidor and Central.. Ozen you never know.... Still a toss up .. I'm just throwing out opinions... Honestly I would pound the rock 40 times a game with Whaley...

Vidor scored 83 last night but they gave up 54 to Baytown Lee.  The 54 is why I like our chances...

Another newbie with their feelings hurt...no it wasn't a blow out, I never said it would be but I did say you all wouldn't win...so yes, the L-Train has been derailed but I hope it's back on track for PN-G next week...

lol honestly i don't get my feelings hurt that easy I just give credit when credit is due and RAIDERS earned it 

I would give him the ball every play until the defense proves they can stop him.. He plays with some class too, I liked that about him! Run the ball, get up and go again. Do the talking between the whistles, and that's what he seemed to do. Hope he does good at the next level too!

Exactly!  Run him till they stop it.

This is just absurd. I was able to listen to the broadcast for pretty much the entire 4th quarter. To say this game was played in Beaumont at the Butch Stadium and also Central's homecoming, THESE COMMENTATORS WERE ONE SIDED. So many times we have school like Central getting dissed like this in an indirect manner. I heard more about stats on Lumberton players than I did Central players. I hear about how many yards the Lumberton player earned, who he was, who his blocker was, etc. But Central doesn't get the same type of respect. The only thing they got credit for I heard was the no call on the horse collar.  It really does seem like these controversial area refs are out to get some schools. It's been going on since I've been in school over ten years ago. That's why I love the way that teams like Central win even when the odds and calls are stacked against them. It makes it that much sweeter baby! Great game Raiders and Jags. Your players played their butts off 

Ya know.  I was really befuddled at this post as in listening to the entire game.  I found Mike and Gabe to be very level in their commentary especially considering that this was mentioned earlier in the week that this would be a Lumberton Raider broadcast. 

Why is that?  Another entity broadcasts BISD home games.  Today, that entity felt so deeply about broadcasting Central's homecoming game that it is reported that they did not show up to broadcast today.  Although after listening to this entity "broadcast" an earlier Central game, I have to assure you that their absence today, if it was as reported, was merciful.

Then I read the post again and something clicked.  I saw that you named the stadium "the Butch Stadium." There is only one place I have ever heard the stadium referred by this as no other media, radio, TV print or social, uses this phrase as they recognize that the name of the stadium is The Carroll A. "Butch" Thomas Educational Support Center. Or in the alternative, they use the simple phrase "The Butch."  My friend, you are a representative of the entity that usually broadcasts those BISD home games, aren't you?

Now, if I am mistaken in my belief, I do apologize.  But in the event I am right, I'll tell 'ya what I am going to do.  For the next Central home game, I will take the unprecedented step of creating a broadcast thread for that game.  I will even go so far as putting the link that folks here can go to in order to listen for themselves the type of quality sports programming that the entity you represent has to offer.

Good day.

Edited by WOSgrad

Ya know.  I was really befuddled at this post as in listening to the entire game.  I found Mike and Gabe to be very level in their commentary especially considering that this was mentioned earlier in the week that this would be a Lumberton Raider broadcast. 

Why is that?  Another entity broadcasts BISD home games.  Today, that entity felt so deeply about broadcasting Central's homecoming game that it is reported that they did not show up to broadcast today.  Although after listening to this entity "broadcast" an earlier Central game, I have to assure you that their absence today, if it was as reported, was merciful.

Then I read the post again and something clicked.  I saw that you named the stadium "the Butch Stadium." There is only one place I have ever heard the stadium referred by this as no other media, radio, TV print or social, uses this phrase as they recognize that the name of the stadium is The Carroll A. "Butch" Thomas Educational Support Center. Or in the alternative, they use the simple phrase "The Butch."  My friend, you are a representative of the entity that usually broadcasts those BISD home games, aren't you?

Now, if I am mistaken in my belief, I do apologize.  But in the event I am right, I'll tell 'ya what I am going to do.  For the next Central home game, I will take the unprecedented step of creating a broadcast thread for that game.  I will even go so far as putting the link that folks here can go to in order to listen for themselves the type of quality sports programming that the entity you represent has to offer.

Good day.

Woooooowwwwwwwwww!!!  Does someone have a response...popcorn in the microwave!