Why do HS's have stadiums?

XX Man

I have to wonder why schools have football stadiums, and don't use them. I thought WOS was the home team this weekend against Richmond Foster, but I see they are playing at Baytown Stallworth stadium. I realize that this stadium is half way between the 2 schools, but WOS has a nice field and there is no reason not to use it. Even if Foster is the home team, why isn't the game at their stadium? Not sure who is paying for the use of the Baytown facility, but I know that I am paying a heck of a lot of school taxes to maintain the Mustang stadium, and I do expect to see it used.

Is it a split rental? I would think that whoever the home team is, would have to pay. Plus add in the bus travel. I was planning to make the game Friday, but as I am working all weekend, I will not be able to get off and drive there, and get home, with much time to get up for work the next day.

Is it a split rental? I would think that whoever the home team is, would have to pay. Plus add in the bus travel. I was planning to make the game Friday, but as I am working all weekend, I will not be able to get off and drive there, and get home, with much time to get up for work the next day.

sounds like you have to listen to it on the radio then.

Probably a stipulation of Foster even playing WOS. I doubt they wanted to come all the way to Orange but they needed games due to only having a 6 team district and needing 5 non-district games. It's hard to get non-district games in the middle of the year so this is probably one of the compromises made to fill the schedule with quality teams. 

Are you sure the game is at Stallworth in Baytown on Friday? GCM in playing Central at Stallworth on Friday.

Probably a stipulation of Foster even playing WOS. I doubt they wanted to come all the way to Orange but they needed games due to only having a 6 team district and needing 5 non-district games. It's hard to get non-district games in the middle of the year so this is probably one of the compromises made to fill the schedule with quality teams. 

thats how it was for PA Memorial vs Alice few years ago, had to go to South Texas two years in a row. 

And . P. A. Memorial should cancel the rest of their games,  as bad as they look this year.  :) 

and HF shoulda played in 2A with SP and HD as far as bball then maybe they would have won state like you said they were going to. Practice mental toughness before you post Dove, I have a well lit house and I dont have to worry about fresh legs either. 

I have to wonder why schools have football stadiums, and don't use them. I thought WOS was the home team this weekend against Richmond Foster, but I see they are playing at Baytown Stallworth stadium. I realize that this stadium is half way between the 2 schools, but WOS has a nice field and there is no reason not to use it. Even if Foster is the home team, why isn't the game at their stadium? Not sure who is paying for the use of the Baytown facility, but I know that I am paying a heck of a lot of school taxes to maintain the Mustang stadium, and I do expect to see it used.

I am going to guess that when teams are looking to lock in a two year deal every other year after realignment, they will cut whatever deal it takes. 

If you are looking for a game and have the shot at home and home or a neutral field in between, the in between might be a good option for both fans and travel. Look at PNG and Tyler Chapel Hill playing in Lufkin. It is about an hour and a half driver for both teams but a 3 hour drive one way for the visiting team. Remember that they usually play home/home so no matter which team is home first, both will end up with very long round trips. 

I am thinking that the coaches and district administrators would more likely commit to a shorter drive each year then home one year and a massive trip the next. For a game 90 minutes away, a person can get off of work at 5:00PM and still make it around game time and be back home before Midnight. Try that on a 3 hour one way and 6 hour round trip with a game in between. 

Just because you are inconvenienced, should the districts inconvenience hundreds or thousands of fans just to accommodate you? 

So yes, there is a reason not to use the perfectly good home field for once every other year.............. :)

This thread is the perfect example.  People will bitch about any and everything.  WOS 4-0, stomping people... "why are we playing at a nuetral site?"  This guy would be the guy that would have gripped about his kid getting home at 3 AM from a game on the other side of Houston.  GEEZ.

*Mod edit - No personal attacks on other posters *

Edited by bigdog
rules violation