How The (AL) West Will Be Won

Unfathomable collapse by the Rangers.  Hurts the Astros as much as it hurts the Rangers, too.

Not necessarily bad for Astros.  If they can hold their lead tonight, and pick up a win with a Rangers loss tomorrow, they will finish tied for AL West champ.  This will knock out Angels and guarantee both Texas teams a playoff spot.  Go 'Stros!

Ok, ill be the stupid one. If the Angels win they put themselves out? Im usually good at math but this is confusing.

Angels are two behind Rangers.  No way to catch them with one game left.  If Astros hold on and win tonight, they will be 1 behind Rangers and 1ahead of Angels.  If both Astros and Angels win tomorrow, with a 'Stros win tonight, the Astros and Rangers will be tied and Angels 1game behind both.  Thus, Angels are eliminated.

My Stros didnt take care of business when they really needed to, so they should be ecstatic that they are still around. This will be a one game playoff to win the division or the wildcard? Never been involved in a playoff like this so excuse me for not knowing. I could probably look it up, but its better to ask things here.

My Stros didnt take care of business when they really needed to, so they should be ecstatic that they are still around. This will be a one game playoff to win the division or the wildcard? Never been involved in a playoff like this so excuse me for not knowing. I could probably look it up, but its better to ask things here.

If Astros win and Rangers lose, one game for division.  If Angels win and Astros lose, one game for wildcard.  Will actually be considered game 163, not a playoff game.  If Angels and Astros both lose, Astros are the wildcard team, no play in necessary.

If Astros win and Rangers lose, one game for division.  If Angels win and Astros lose, one game for wildcard.  Will actually be considered game 163, not a playoff game.  If Angels and Astros both lose, Astros are the wildcard team, no play in necessary.

Thanks. Made a "B" in differential calculus at Lamar, but I have trouble with this.....age maybe?

and all the so called espn experts said the Rangers were toast!  Lmao

they made some nice moves.  Hamels was good, they picked up some relievers to turn their biggest weakness into a strength, and delino deshields jr. was a huge waiver pickup. They could be scary good next year.  The bullpen is solid, they'll have two legit aces in darvish and Hamels, and their offense is going to be scary with pretty much everyone coming back and Odor looking like he might be poised to turn into a superstar.  Oughta be a few more good pennant races between the Texas teams in the next couple of years