Texas QB

TXHORN_ET

Definitely agree.   I will say I believe he is significantly better than Swoopes.  But being significantly better than Swoopes does not mean he is necessarily the long term solution to the offensive woes.  

You might be right - but I still have my doubts:

While Heard's rushing appears to have been much much better than Swoopes they still had no passing game - the better teams will be hard to be one dimensional against. Not sure Texas will win many games against the better foes of the Big 12 going 5 of 10 passing.  Also the fact that Texas was out gained 462 yards (Rice) to 277 would have me concerned.  Texas benefited from 3 Rice turnovers and took care of the ball themselves which I think was a big factor.  

While Heard's rushing appears to have been much much better than Swoopes they still had no passing game - the better teams will be hard to be one dimensional against. Not sure Texas will win many games against the better foes of the Big 12 going 5 of 10 passing.  Also the fact that Texas was out gained 462 yards (Rice) to 277 would have me concerned.  Texas benefited from 3 Rice turnovers and took care of the ball themselves which I think was a big factor.  

Out of 128 teams

Texas ranks 127th in total offense and 115th in total defense. 

The offensive production was very good considering only running 38 plays. 

The problem was with rice's ol controlling Horns dl. 

The offensive production was very good considering only running 38 plays. 

The problem was with rice's ol controlling Horns dl. 

Take out the fumble return for a TD and the punt return for a TD (and another punt return deep into Rice territory) you have a 28 - 28 tie against Rice - a big part of this Texas win is on the back of its special teams.  I know I know it takes all 3 parts of the team to win - Offense, Defense and Special Teams.  Can Texas count on 2 - 3 TD's either scored by special teams or set up by special teams every week - kinda doubtful.  

So while it was a decent win for the Horns I did not see a overwhelming offense and the defense was really below average against Rice (462 yards).

Texas still has a ways to go to be a factor in the Big 12 standings in my opinion. 

I never mentioned Big 12.  I would never try to hide under some one else's skirt. 

I do not see Texas competing for B12 this year. 

Given only 38 plays, production was very good. Defense must get much better.  

The 5 takeaways were the results of hard hitting, not rice errors. Too many missed tackles. A lot of mistakes, but they are making mistakes going 100 mph. 

Very fun for this Longhorn to watch. 

Good luck this year in the sec 

Man Texas supporters are defensive right about now ain't they:

That's Aggie logic for you.  Act like half the game didn't happen.  Nice theory.  

If you had read the post I stated that you had to give Texas credit for the special teams play - just saying Texas better improve on O and D every game this year or well who knows - I was not bashing Texas like - well ya'll do A&M all the time.

As Bulldogbacker stated - Good Luck in the Big 12 

I never mentioned Big 12.  I would never try to hide under some one else's skirt. 

I do not see Texas competing for B12 this year. 

Given only 38 plays, production was very good. Defense must get much better.  

The 5 takeaways were the results of hard hitting, not rice errors. Too many missed tackles. A lot of mistakes, but they are making mistakes going 100 mph. 

Very fun for this Longhorn to watch. 

Good luck this year in the sec 

And me saying "Texas still has a ways to go to be a factor in the Big 12 standings in my opinion." was somehow implying that Texas was hiding under someones skirt - Texas has a young team that should improve we will just have to see if it does in time.

Man Texas supporters are defensive right about now ain't they:

That's Aggie logic for you.  Act like half the game didn't happen.  Nice theory.  

If you had read the post I stated that you had to give Texas credit for the special teams play - just saying Texas better improve on O and D every game this year or well who knows - I was not bashing Texas like - well ya'll do A&M all the time.

As Bulldogbacker stated - Good Luck in the Big 12 

everybody is arguing and everybody is correct.  To me the biggest two plays which were the difference in the game were Daje and Duke's punt returns.  One was a TD and the other set up first and goal.  Without them, we might have lost.  Special teams is also a part of the game just like offense and defense.  And often times special teams has a huge bearing on who wins.  

You can't say take away this or that and it would've been 28-28 because you don't know what would've happened when Texas had the ball on those offensive series.

@SBN_Wescott: #Texas DC Vance Bedford estimated that if #Horns had converted on 7 sack opportunities vs. Rice, Owls would have had 150 fewer yards on O.

Easily between the loss of sack yardage and several long runs by QB. 

Wait - Wait - Wait - is that not the same as "That's Aggie logic for you.  Act like half the game didn't happen.  Nice theory."  - as one Texas poster stated to me when I stated that you take our 4 plays on Texas O and you would have an even game. 

Dang - sorry I forgot that I was a little critical of Texas so = WRONG on all counts while this comment was positive for Texas so = can not be disputed.  

Easily between the loss of sack yardage and several long runs by QB. 

Wait - Wait - Wait - is that not the same as "That's Aggie logic for you.  Act like half the game didn't happen.  Nice theory."  - as one Texas poster stated to me when I stated that you take our 4 plays on Texas O and you would have an even game. 

Dang - sorry I forgot that I was a little critical of Texas so = WRONG on all counts while this comment was positive for Texas so = can not be disputed.  

The yardage is a fact. 

It happened.

You are the only one that mentioned changing game stats.

No one here said "what if"!!

Texas mistakes on D allowed rice to gain too many yards. No orange colored glasses here. 

Texas D is young, aggressive, coach able, and will get better.