WHO ARE THE PLAYERS TO WATCH FROM EACH TEAM ???

Yea we lost to St Thomas, because they outplayed us, they scored with help of the mud....i know your thinking thats an excuse but its not because if you would have seen the way they got there first goal you could make an argument that the mud wasnt a factor in the way they scored. it wasnt a good shot or because they could finsih better but because our goal slid out to get the ball but the ball stopped because of the mud and they had a player there to make a shot five feet in front of the goal soooooooooooo. and eSOC i would really like to see what evey team your associated with play st. thomas. then please come on this forum and talk about how kelly isnt a team without kirby.

Look man... the topic was who are the players to watch from each team... ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Matt Kirby is def. a player to watch... I really think that in a few years when you see what this kid is doing in soccer... you will understand.... trust me... it makes me sicker than anyone to aknoweldge Kelly's success... but to not is ignorant... and you know what... they actually have SEVERAL players to watch..... Corona is another great player.... and you know what makes me even sicker man... all these guys arent even Seniors!!!!!!!!.. so guess what.... next year... we are going to be hearing the same crap LOL... but Kelly has alot of players to watch... so lose the sour grapes... I know its a hard pill to swallow but Kelly is loaded with talent and they are a very solid soccer team...

Guest Caddieshack

kelly did not defeat lumberton 7-0 in a scrimmage, if i am not mistaken that was the score between them and LCM, Kelly scrimmaged Lumberrton to a score of 5-1

1.VIDOR:#15 Reid Biffle-(center-mid) great foot skills, one of the fastest in district. Nice control and field awareness. Leads team in assists. Second in goals. #14 Payton Smith-(sweeper) also great foot skills. Amazing defense, can take complete control and dribble through entire teams to the front for a goal or assist. Best kept secret in Vidor. #2 Justin Miller (forward) Very fast. Outruns everyone but tends to either be offsides alot or gets called for it after outrunning the defense.. Makes very nice plays and has alot of headers on goal. Leads Vidor in scoring and plays with alot of heart.

2.LUMBERTON:#9 Brent Waltrip-(forward) very fast, great shot and finishes well, great footwork and without a doubt all district. Lumbertons best player. #8 Scott Poole-(forward/mid) just a freshman but is already developing into an offensive threat with speed and finish.

3.NEDERLAND:Ryan Clark-(center-mid) team leader, quick and fundamental, sets up his team for the finish and has a great ability to anticipate the next play.

4.LC-M:Ethan McKay-(keeper) out with broken collar bone. Very athletic and makes amazing saves. Leger- (forward) very quick and tends to be the go-to man, so naturally has the most finishes. Class act, great attitude. Recent play is questionable.

5.PN-G:Bryce Tallent-(mid)- team leader, great footwork and intelligent play. Out with broken foot.

6.OZEN:#17 is probably the best player. Nice leg.

7.WO-S:.....a standout has yet to be seen....

8.CENTRAL:#9 Fernando Uribe(mid)- decent feet and a GREAT shot. Needs help in the middle, and will complimented by the returning mid fielder who was out injured.

9.HJ:Unsure of the name, but #3 has a pretty good knowledge of the game. Doesn't have much help and has to carry the team, but is pretty decent.

10.SILSBEE: Huge Keeper, great vertical. They have one forward who is a threat with his speed and dribbling skill. Unsure of name or #.

Others will stand out as the play progresses, but so far these are the players who have made the most impact in the games played so far.

Number 3 for HJ is Stuart Flowers... hes only a sophmore... also number 11 (not sure how to spell his name we just call him X)for HJ is good...

Or a bit of all three? lol... Seriously though I just see alot of soccer and when you have leaders step up on a team and see how the other kids react to them and respect them, you know they have proven themselves worthy of their leadership role. For the most part, the players who take on the leadership role are the ones who have a little more experience and take the game more seriously. I left out a couple players from Nederland, and I would like to apologize and add them now.

#15-(forward)- extremely skilled and fast. makes runs and sizes up the oncoming defense in a matter of seconds. developing into one of the more dominant forwards in the area. FRESHMAN!!!!! I can't wait to see this young man play in the next few years. Nederland has a real talent here. Also, their sweeper is a brick wall. Vidor had trouble getting past him all night, and he stopped any runs or chances they had. Nederland is once again on the rise, and with this young team will no doubt be back to their top spot ways in no time. Good luck to these young men and the Ned program as a whole.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hawedex
    Newest Member
    hawedex