WHO ARE THE PLAYERS TO WATCH FROM EACH TEAM ???

SO FAR FROM WHAT IVE SEEN ..... LEGGER FROM LCM IS ONE TO WATCH ... NUMBER 5 FROM NEDERLAND IS ALSO A GOOD PLAYER... HE HAS GOOD BALL CONTROL AND IS PRETTY QUICK.

NUMBER 15 AND NUMBER 2 FROM VIDOR ARE ALSO VERY GOOD .... NUMBER 15 HAS "MAD" FOOT SKILLS AND #2 IS REALY FAST .....

1.VIDOR:#15 Reid Biffle-(center-mid) great foot skills, one of the fastest in district. Nice control and field awareness. Leads team in assists. Second in goals. #14 Payton Smith-(sweeper) also great foot skills. Amazing defense, can take complete control and dribble through entire teams to the front for a goal or assist. Best kept secret in Vidor. #2 Justin Miller (forward) Very fast. Outruns everyone but tends to either be offsides alot or gets called for it after outrunning the defense.. Makes very nice plays and has alot of headers on goal. Leads Vidor in scoring and plays with alot of heart.

2.LUMBERTON:#9 Brent Waltrip-(forward) very fast, great shot and finishes well, great footwork and without a doubt all district. Lumbertons best player. #8 Scott Poole-(forward/mid) just a freshman but is already developing into an offensive threat with speed and finish.

3.NEDERLAND:Ryan Clark-(center-mid) team leader, quick and fundamental, sets up his team for the finish and has a great ability to anticipate the next play.

4.LC-M:Ethan McKay-(keeper) out with broken collar bone. Very athletic and makes amazing saves. Leger- (forward) very quick and tends to be the go-to man, so naturally has the most finishes. Class act, great attitude. Recent play is questionable.

5.PN-G:Bryce Tallent-(mid)- team leader, great footwork and intelligent play. Out with broken foot.

6.OZEN:#17 is probably the best player. Nice leg.

7.WO-S:.....a standout has yet to be seen....

8.CENTRAL:#9 Fernando Uribe(mid)- decent feet and a GREAT shot. Needs help in the middle, and will complimented by the returning mid fielder who was out injured.

9.HJ:Unsure of the name, but #3 has a pretty good knowledge of the game. Doesn't have much help and has to carry the team, but is pretty decent.

10.SILSBEE: Huge Keeper, great vertical. They have one forward who is a threat with his speed and dribbling skill. Unsure of name or #.

Others will stand out as the play progresses, but so far these are the players who have made the most impact in the games played so far.

Thanks. I do what I can lol.....I don't know how PN-G will fare without their #1 player and team leader, but the guy was a class act and kept the team together. Tough loss for them...If you guys can keep the ball away from the midfield and make nice crosses you will beat them. Simple as that. They have a good midfield and middle defense, but the outside is rubbish. Don't try and outrun them, cause a few of them are quick. They are an athletic team, but if you control the tempo of the game and play with alot of passes to the inside on the run, you have a pretty good chance at beating them.

Vidor. The team you saw Tuesday is not the real Vidor team. When all the starters actually start, it is a whole different team, as you saw in the second half. Between Vidor and Lumberton, it is still up in the air. Vidor had two questionable calls take away two goals that on film were clearly not offsides. One of Lumbertons goals was about 4 yards offsides when the break away began. As far as posession, Vidor has more players with ball control, and the defense limited Waldrup to 0 goals. It's hard to say right now, but the re-match will determine who is truly better. I am hearing Lumberton had 3 starters miss the game against Vidor, and if this is the case it looks like Lumberton would be the favorite in a re-match, but Vidor has really come together since the first game and is looking to take the title.

Guest Caddieshack

Lumberton will be getting one of their better players back after Tuesday when basketball is over. In only 3 games has already scored 6 goals and few asssists over good teams, Nederland, and WB

yea theres a shocker.  a kelly fan getting on and saying matt kirby then announcing that the whole team is solid enouph to be listed. rite.  yes kelly ran thru the nederland tournament undefeated .  and not to mention they had already been playing their season for how many weeks prior to that while the rest of the area..  this was their first weekend of soccer.. 

IM A KELLY PLAYER...and i would like to state that in that tournament we eneded the LCM game with only two starters in and they were both out of position. The Nederland game we had a good amount of subs in but not as many against LCM. but to whoever thinks the only reason Matt Kirby gets a number one vote because it is a kelly fan saying it is ridiculous. There have been players from other teams who themselves are ranked high in the best player poll but they have said Kirby is better. and another thing Matt Kirby recently signed with the Houston Dynamo U-18 team which means he can go pro right of high school.(so i think this could be a little sign that Kirby has skill and worthy of the title of best player) and as for the rest of the team we have a solid team and some amazing players who should most def get ranked in setx but are often over-looked by people because when you think of Kelly all you see is Kirby. but in the past weeks with Kirby hurt we have played very well and defeated St. Pius, a district rival, in doing that we really showed that we are a team and there are ten(or more) other amazing players on the Kelly team that are worthy of recognition

We have heard that over and over.  matt kirby signing with the dynamos is awesome for sure.  it opens the doors for others around here.  you all are the ones saying that matt kirby is that great.  without kirby you did beat pius but lost to st thomas sooooooooo

Travis Lithicum has too much baggage but can play, and if he had some stamina would be really good.  Austin pridemore does well, Fransisco if he wouldnt step in,  and Ryan Brady can play well and needs to distribute more than boot it out of the back but very strong player,  in my opinion the sleeper of the group is TRay. He can finish and is a strong player around the goal.  but none are absolutely awesome players but very good.

yea theres a shocker.  a kelly fan getting on and saying matt kirby then announcing that the whole team is solid enouph to be listed. rite.  yes kelly ran thru the nederland tournament undefeated .  and not to mention they had already been playing their season for how many weeks prior to that while the rest of the area..  this was their first weekend of soccer.. 

I really dont like excuses...everyone knew when Kelly entered that tournament that they were in the middle of their season. So what? The other teams had time to practice. I know that Kelly might have been more polished because of they were in the midst of a season, but they also beat Vidor (or Lumberton? cant remember) 7-0. Also, Matt Kirby was out for a large amount of the game against Nederland!! Yet, they still won 3-0! I think that proves Kelly is great even without Kirby

I would take travis in a second baggage and all . In my book he would play his back side off for me. I agree with esoc we did lose to thomas, but every one loses once in a while even if you have all players healthy. Thats why we play sports that desire that you can leave everything on that battle field and in your heart if you do not think you should have lost it means you did not play hard enough. WE DIDNT. . . In all honesty . WE DID NOT LOSE TO THOMAS - WE JUST RAN OUT OF TIME.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder