Central closing in on Lee's successor

To me, it seems like you implied it when you made the comment about a typical BISD hire comment...  It was a head scratcher because I know of a lot of programs, especially basketball that has no problem hiring from within...

​I explained exactly what I meant by my comment to Buddy, Soulja stop trying to make my comment out to be something it's not. BISD hardly ever hires out of the area or even considers coaches from outside of SETX which I think is stupid. That's why I called it typical.

​I explained exactly what I meant by my comment to Buddy, Soulja stop trying to make my comment out to be something it's not. BISD hardly ever hires out of the area or even considers coaches from outside of SETX which I think is stupid. That's why I called it typical.

Me personally, I'm all for the more qualified person...  I also factor in how the new head will mesh with the players and/or fit with the system that's already in place...  Obviously, they've thrived with it, which is why he said 'if it's not broke, don't fix it'.

Me personally, I'm all for the more qualified person...  I also factor in how the new head will mesh with the players and/or fit with the system that's already in place...  Obviously, they've thrived with it, which is why he said 'if it's not broke, don't fix it'.

​Lol who's to say it ain't broke? Central lost to a undersized Ozen team for a trip to a back to back state appearance, you didn't see anything that needed to be fixed Soulja? You forgot how I called Ozen would beat Central in the regional final, Central only knew how to play one way last year and that was their downfall in the end.

Edited by ozensfinest

​Lol who's to say it ain't broke? Central lost to a undersized Ozen team for a trip to a back to back state appearance, you didn't see anything that needed to be fixed Soulja? You forgot how I called Ozen would beat Central in the regional final, Central only knew how to play one way last year and that was their downfall in the end.

Central was beaten but I don't think Paul was the HC.

Also you never addressed the 2014 Central team that played the same way and lost a heart Breaker to the eventual state champs despite losing their best player in the first period.  They played the same way and was competitive 80% of the game....

Looks like that style can do good...  See, Yates and other good Houston teams used it for years to dominate... But who am I?  Just fan in the stands.....

I think it's kind of unique that Coach Paul has helped Central make it as far they have the last two years and also helped coach some of the Ozen players that made it to state this year when they were 9th and 10th graders. I also believe that Coach Paul did learn and Coach under Coach Andre Boutte. Coach Paul is more than qualified and I would like to wish him the best of luck.

Central was beaten but I don't think Paul was the HC.

Also you never addressed the 2014 Central team that played the same way and lost a heart Breaker to the eventual state champs despite losing their best player in the first period.  They played the same way and was competitive 80% of the game....

Looks like that style can do good...  See, Yates and other good Houston teams used it for years to dominate... But who am I?  Just fan in the stands.....

​Central won only because they were talented, when they played teams that made me them slow down and forced the players\coaching staff to actually think well we all know how that went.

​I also think Saveat takes into account where the person's roots are.  Beaumont is in the corner of the state, not the most attractive area.  I think one reason he tries to stay in-house or Golden Triangle ties is for longevity.  Hence the hirings of Foreman and Paul.  I know this is a basketball thread but look what Suggs and Stowers did in their stints with Central.  They got some playoff success and then bolted.  I think he wants coaches that are at least from the area, that want to be in the area so that there isn't a countinous revolving door...jmo.

​I also think Saveat takes into account where the person's roots are.  Beaumont is in the corner of the state, not the most attractive area.  I think one reason he tries to stay in-house or Golden Triangle ties is for longevity.  Hence the hirings of Foreman and Paul.  I know this is a basketball thread but look what Suggs and Stowers did in their stints with Central.  They got some playoff success and then bolted.  I think he wants coaches that are at least from the area, that want to be in the area so that there isn't a countinous revolving door...jmo.

​That'll never happen BISD doesn't pay coaches enough, hence why Bouttee left.

​Central won only because they were talented, when they played teams that made me them slow down and forced the players\coaching staff to actually think well we all know how that went.

FB Bush tried to slow it down.  They lost...  Memorial tried it...  They lost....  Even Ozen tried it the first two times...  Those first 2 games resulted in losses for them...  I can name many others.  That was almost every teams game plan vs Central the last couple of years....  How many Central games have you seen, or are you just piggybacking off of what was TOLD to you?

I had nothing against Anthony Boutte.  My only issue was giving a first time driver the keys to a Corvette.  If that's the route you were going to go, I would have no issue with Boutte.  He's as ready as any Subvarsity coach for a HC gig and I'm sure he'll get one. 

But I hope Paul ends up being a great hire.  He seemed to be the favorite amongst Central folks so they certainly can't complain about it. 

FB Bush tried to slow it down.  They lost...  Memorial tried it...  They lost....  Even Ozen tried it the first two times...  Those first 2 games resulted in losses for them...  I can name many others.  That was almost every teams game plan vs Central the last couple of years....  How many Central games have you seen, or are you just piggybacking off of what was TOLD to you?

​Remember when I told you how Ozen would beat Central in the regional final? They did exactly that and it worked...do we need to go back to that thread Soulja?

I had nothing against Anthony Boutte.  My only issue was giving a first time driver the keys to a Corvette.  If that's the route you were going to go, I would have no issue with Boutte.  He's as ready as any Subvarsity coach for a HC gig and I'm sure he'll get one.

But I hope Paul ends up being a great hire.  He seemed to be the favorite amongst Central folks so they certainly can't complain about it.

​It was given to his dad at the age of 26 and he won state...what's your point?

​And he took that administrative position because BISD wouldn't pay him enough to continue to coach get a clue Soulja.

No, because he have been coaching for a while...  He started thinking of the promotion....  The long term.  He's an older gentleman.  Being a basketball coach with the constant hot gyms and hollering at teenage boys can take a lot out of an older gentleman.  So, he takes the laid back administration job in his later years.  He don't have much to prove coaching anyway.  Leave the coaching to the young fellas.  It's several high scholarship coach's and teachers for that matter to get that administration job.  Do some research and you get a clue...  Smh.  

​Remember when I told you how Ozen would beat Central in the regional final? They did exactly that and it worked...do we need to go back to that thread Soulja?

Ozen played a very good game that night...  They battled hard on the boards and hustled.  But you're missing my point...  That was almost every team's goal...  To slow Central down....  Few teams were able to stop it...  So that tells me it worked...  That Ozen thread has no relevance here....

No, because he have been coaching for a while...  He started thinking of the promotion....  The long term.  He's an older gentleman.  Being a basketball coach with the constant hot gyms and hollering at teenage boys can take a lot out of an older gentleman.  So, he takes the laid back administration job in his later years.  He don't have much to prove coaching anyway.  Leave the coaching to the young fellas.  It's several high scholarship coach's and teachers for that matter to get that administration job.  Do some research and you get a clue...  Smh.

​Lol Soulja you forget I know Bouttee personally right? Trust me it had nothing to do with him getting old, if BISD would pay him enough he would've took the Central job. He took the PA job for more money and less work, Bouttee's passion is and always have been in coaching.

Edited by ozensfinest

Ozen played a very good game that night...  They battled hard on the boards and hustled.  But you're missing my point...  That was almost every team's goal...  To slow Central down....  Few teams were able to stop it...  So that tells me it worked...  That Ozen thread has no relevance here....

​No they played a smart game...Lee got outcoached that night THE END!

Ozenfinest you need to stay in lane when it comes to basketball...You messy for no reason....You probably hate on Jesus too...Anthony a great guy but not ready to be a head coach yet...He's very knowledgeable about the game of basketball but lacks  maturity...

In time he may be a great head coach but it's more than X's and O's...

As far as southeast Texas basketball, there's probably about 7 or 8 championships since 2001...from Ozen,  Kountze,  H.J., Evadale,  And probably some more I'm missing...

As far as basketball,  southeast Texas is more of a Gumbo style....A little mixture of everything...

Coach Boutte said himself that Frankie needs to get that job...

Frankie is a great hire...

Edited by show me love

​It was given to his dad at the age of 26 and he won state...what's your point?

​I would hope (and I believe) you know exactly what my point was.  At least it appeared you did from your response.  We just disagree on what experience a coach should have to take the reigns at a school like Central.  We all have our opinions, and apparently BISD agrees with you.  No biggie.  I wish them well.