Central closing in on Lee's successor

​i see. I get it.

Someone from the area did get Ozen its only title in bball though.

​You talking about arguably the best high school basketball coach in Texas history...BIG difference lol I feel like hiring coaches from the same area does nothing to improve a program most of these coaches have the same style/philosophies as the previous coach. I feel like if you really want to change a program you go grab someone from another area who's going to actually bring in something new. But of course it's all politics at the end of the day, I guess BISD feels as though hiring someone in the area or within the district is the safest thing to do.

​So you are saying that the key to winning a state title is hiring a coach from outside of the Golden Triangle?

​I think it would definitely be a huge step. It's not just about winning state titles either, what about preparing the kids that are going to college for the next level? Most of the coaches in BISD's philosophies are rudimentary IMO. It's bigger than just winning state titles.

OF, OF, OF....  Smh...  Now you're saying they we should've went afar for a cos h, but the other day, you stated that you would have no problem with Franklin Paul getting the job.  But you stated that going far for a coach would be the best thing..  but that Dallas dude came with all types of baggage.  Isn't that what BISD's trying to get away from, but you would've been ok with this?

You killing me..  lol

OF, OF, OF....  Smh...  Now you're saying they we should've went afar for a cos h, but the other day, you stated that you would have no problem with Franklin Paul getting the job.  But you stated that going far for a coach would be the best thing..  but that Dallas dude came with all types of baggage.  Isn't that what BISD's trying to get away from, but you would've been ok with this?

You killing me..  lol

​I haven't once stated that anything was wrong with Frankie Paul getting the job Soulja, nor did I say BISD should've hired the guy from Dallas. I just stated that it was a typical Saveat/BISD hire.

Edited by ozensfinest

I'm not a big fan of Mr. Saveat, but I have to admit that this was a great hire...

I wonder would you have said this if Anthony Boute landed this job....

​Well seeing that Anthony has coached in two different school districts outside of SETX of course not...and again Soulja when did I say anything was wrong with the hire?

Edited by ozensfinest

​Well seeing that Anthony has coached in two different school districts outside of SETX of course not...and again Soulja when did I say anything was wrong with the hire?

But Boutte is a hometown guy.  He's a local guy with several ties to BISD. Just saying..

And I would say that as far as experience, Paul and Boutte experience are on the same ladder rung, with a slight edge to Paul since he's like almost 15 years older than him..

But Boutte is a hometown guy.  He's a local guy with several ties to BISD. Just saying..

And I would say that as far as experience, Paul and Boutte experience are on the same ladder rung, with a slight edge to Paul since he's like almost 15 years older than him..

​You're missing my whole point and making this about Anthony and Frankie Paul. Btw, having experience doesn't mean you can coach take coach Lee for example.

Edited by ozensfinest

To me, it seems like you implied it when you made the comment about a typical BISD hire comment...  It was a head scratcher because I know of a lot of programs, especially basketball that has no problem hiring from within...