The Open Championship at St Andrews

July 16-19

Rory was the favorite but now he is in a walking boot.  No word yet if he will miss the tournament. Jordan Speith's odds to win the first 3 majors of the season just shot to tremendously. 

I think Jordan has a good chance regardless. Texans, especially ones from DFW and west, should naturally do well at Links courses. For Jordan himself he just has to go to Weatherford an hour away to play a links style course. Jordan should have already been the favorite but three weeks layoff hopefully won't bring any rust with it. 

I think Jordan has a good chance regardless. Texans, especially ones from DFW and west, should naturally do well at Links courses. For Jordan himself he just has to go to Weatherford an hour away to play a links style course. Jordan should have already been the favorite but three weeks layoff hopefully won't bring any rust with it. 

​Jordan is playing the John Deere this coming week.

He finished at -5.  Young man has ice  water in his veins, and in the Majors, he bows up like a mad rattlesnake.  And to me, one of his best attributes, he's got Class.

Sorry - senile:  Currently two off the lead, behind D. Johnson. 

John Daly is -4 through 10.  He's still one of the fan favorites.

So much wasted talent!   If I'm not mistaken he's won at St A once before. Wonder if still flattens the ball like he use too.  $15 cab fare from tee to get to his ball. 

What a moment at twilight at the Old Course.  Tom Watson had a career filled with class and grace.  His final moments were no different.  

Also loved that Matt Kuchar came back to witness his last walk up 18 and to thank him, hours after his own round was completed.  

A classy move for Kuchar, for IMO Mr. Class TWatson. 

Amateur Paul Dunne in the clubhouse tied for the lead after 3 rounds. This is only his 2nd tournament ever to play. He would miss out on a $1.8 million dollar payday if he wins.  The golfers below him that get to split that money would be happy though