Woodville hires Lance Standley as new HC!

Eagles can you give more info on new coach? How many losses, How many district titles, regional final appearances, State title appearances etc. pine tree is not known for being a powerhouse in any sport, more info please.

​I found what is below off of the Pine Tree baseball website when Coach Standley was hired by PT after the 2012 season.  I know that they went to the playoffs in '13 and '14, advancing to atleast the 2nd round I think.  This year I believe they finished 5th in their district.  He is a good coach and has a good track record.  I think he will be a great addition to an already tradition rich program.  Welcome to "back" to SE Texas Coach.

"Standley – who played collegiate baseball at LeTourneau and Howard Payne, garnering the YellowJackets' team MVP award in 1992 – brings a bevy of coaching experience to the Pirates' organization. With 14 years of experience as a head baseball coach throughout Texas, the North Lamar product has victories at each level of the playoffs, including an appearance at the state tournament in Austin. Standley has led teams to three district championships, coming in 1999, 2009 and 2010. He was named district coach of the year three times with stops in High Island, Lampasas, Beeville A.C. Jones, and, most recently, Lake Worth. The 43-year-old was named Coach of the Year by the Houston Chronicle and has 202 career wins at the reins."

Eagles can you give more info on new coach? How many losses, How many district titles, regional final appearances, State title appearances etc. pine tree is not known for being a powerhouse in any sport, more info please. 

Talking to people who have met him, school board members, school officials, etc., he seems like a guy who has a ton of experience and, more importantly, is focused on turning his players into respectful young men while also expecting to win. He turned down several other larger-school offers to be here with us. 

And, in response to the new field question, talks have been in the works. People want to make it happen. But it's alot more complicated than just wanting it. There have been several ideas thrown out there. But just know, this school board we have right now wants to make changes...big changes. In my opinion, it's not a matter of IF we get a new field, it's only a matter of WHEN. There are many things in the works. I think in the next four years, people will be very content with where Woodville ISD is at. Whether it's academically, athletically, or building top-notch facilities for our students to reach theit maximum potential in whatever the choose to do.