Bridge City vs Huffman 1 Gamer

It gets down to basics, BC best against their best. Huff mans ace is undeniably the best in that 0 runs allowed.

That stat alone BLOWS me away.

Ask any pitcher, a bad day is always gonna happen - question is to whom and when.

I hope BC wins cause I respect Landry and his take on the game.

If we don't snatch him up to replace Robbins -- well that's crazy.

If they place Spell in there with no HC track record over Chad, that's messed up.

So how many Cardinal fans remember getting shut out by Huffman last year ? Guess what, you are going to get that same lefty again ! Don't worry though he might not be drafted like your pitcher will be ( I am sure in the 1st. round NOT) but he has thrown nine shut outs in a row this year, two in the playoffs. As far as his 94 MPH fast ball, we faced Stephen Kolek three times in the past two years, he throws HARDER and it didn't work out very well for him.

Something else to think about, while waiting on a playoff game to conclude we watched two studs pitch 9 innings of shut out baseball, it was turned over to the bullpen and went 12 or 13 innings before a winner was decided. How does BC's pull pen look?

Remember your coach didn't want to play best of three because like Hardin Jefferson they know what will happen.

Someone's got a frowny face.

So how many Cardinal fans remember getting shut out by Huffman last year ? Guess what, you are going to get that same lefty again ! Don't worry though he might not be drafted like your pitcher will be ( I am sure in the 1st. round NOT) but he has thrown nine shut outs in a row this year, two in the playoffs. As far as his 94 MPH fast ball, we faced Stephen Kolek three times in the past two years, he throws HARDER and it didn't work out very well for him.

Something else to think about, while waiting on a playoff game to conclude we watched two studs pitch 9 innings of shut out baseball, it was turned over to the bullpen and went 12 or 13 innings before a winner was decided. How does BC's pull pen look?

Remember your coach didn't want to play best of three because like Hardin Jefferson they know what will happen.

Hold your horses Titan! Don't come on here like your team is an unstoppable juggernaut. Huffman is a very good team, nobody can deny that. I remember Bumpas shutting out BC last year, but I also remember Shugart shutting down (not out) Huffman to the tune of 10 K's and a win as well. I also remember "the visor" not wanting to play BC in a series either several times in the past. It just so happens this time around Huffman has a deeper staff, it happens,don't act like Huffman has that every year because it's not the case. BC out hit Huffman last year in the series, Huffman played great defense and got the timely hits and breaks which lead to the series win. Offensively neither of these 2 teams will bash your brains in, they play to their respective strengths which is defense and pitching. The matchup looks great and if both squads play clean it'll be a heckuva game. Hopefully the game lives up to the hype because there is plenty of that to go around.

Rake1

How about everyone just shows up at the game and sees for themselves how hard someone throws or who will win. It can go either way but the best team will win the game..

Yes the best team in that game will win, but being a one gamer doesn't guarantee the best team overall winning. Look how many times a better team loses a game in a series. Just too many variables can happen, will they, we'lol just have to wait and see.

Totally disagree, in a one game series, the best team may not win. Anything can happen, hopefully the umps are consistent, kids are relaxed and play, and it is a heck of a game. Prolly 5-4 final eight since we all expect 1-0 or 2-1. It's baseball, nothing goes as planned!

That's what I said, although I feel the best team that night will win. To me the only thing that can change that is a very big bad call or something like a bad hop scoring the winning play(something out of the players control). Which if this ends up a pitchers duel like a lot of people believe, is more possible in that one run may decide it.

Rake, hold your horses ! Nobody ever said anything about a juggernaut. We know Team Shuggart is unstoppable, the "Visor" is wetting his pants with fear.

Rake 1, watched Bumpas's bull pen last night, he is ready, also watched Harrison's pen, he is ready as well.

GEEEEZE Titan2000, STEP AWAY FROM THE LEDGE!!!!!!!!!!!  Everybody knows that Huffman has a really good team with a solid rotation.  Let's just hope for an error free game with good umpiring to see who is the better team. If Huffman wins which they should then great for Huffman, but if it's BC which clearly doesn't have a shot against that rotation then good for us.  Good luck to all the boys playing and safe travels to all!  Now, Let Friday hurry and get here so we can play Ball!!!!! 

Titan, you make this way too easy. How come you can't have a reasonable conversation without taking shots? Nowhere did I ever say in any of my previous posts that Shugart (in your words) was "unstoppable". You have tried your best to kick dirt on the guy or the BC program at every opportunity. You made a rather disparaging remark about the kid getting drafted earlier that was also uncalled for. It's a shame you won't at least entertain the idea of having a legitimate and open minded conversation about the game because you seem to have some really good knowledge about the Huffman program as well as high school ball in your area. I made a reference to the fact that Bumpas and the rest of the Huffman team is good. I also made a reference to the fact that Shugart and BC are also good. I gave credit to Huffman for winning last years series. I also referenced the fact that Huffman in the past has not wanted to play BC in a series which is opposite of this year. All of that is factual and can be backed up by numbers, for both sides. If you want to talk baseball lets do that, if not, I can't help you.

Rake1

Titan2000, Huffman is a very good team no doubt and on paper is a better team than BC, but in a 1 gamer anything can happen and we all know Shugart is a gammer. So don't get too high their buddy, it can be a hard fall. I am hoping Huffman pulls it out. As it has been stated on here already any pitcher can have a bad day. I would expect Bumpass and Shugart to both be on their game come Friday.

To clear a few things up, Huffman only seen Kolek once this year and his fast ball sat between 88-92 mph. Every once in a while he would touch 93-94 mph. That was from the scouts radar guns that were there. There were 3 scouts there for Kolek and if I remember correctly 1 was there for Bumpass. Did Huffman hit Kolek "YES" and everyone thru the line up didn't seem bothered by his speed. "that is why I made the statement earlier about Huffman could hit a 94 mph. all the way thru the line up".

Now every pitcher has a bad day, If you remember correctly Harrison pitched against Shepherd in Shepherd, and Shepherd hit him well. Huffman had to bring in Bumpass just to finish the game, If memory serves me correctly Shepherd at 2 runners on with one or no outs in the bottom of the 6th and a timely hit put that game at a tie. Did Harrison have a bad night yes I do believe. So anything can happen. Was Shepherd as good or even that close to Huffman's talent this year, No but that is why you play the game.  Shepherd did not pitch Kolek that night.

I will bet the coaches have their teams ready to go. Both pitchers are ready to pitch their tails off. The best thing us fans to do is get out our sunflower seeds a coke and a good seat. This will be the game of the year and we all need to enjoy it. Pray that all kids play a great game with no injuries. Safe travels to all. One last thing is I keep seeing people call Coach DeBerry the visor. I ask that we stop. He is a great coach and has earned the respect of the coaching community. See you at the game..

I will bet the coaches have their teams ready to go. Both pitchers are ready to pitch their tails off. The best thing us fans to do is get out our sunflower seeds a coke and a good seat. This will be the game of the year and we all need to enjoy it. Pray that all kids play a great game with no injuries. Safe travels to all. One last thing is I keep seeing people call Coach DeBerry the visor. I ask that we stop. He is a great coach and has earned the respect of the coaching community. See you at the game..

+1 anytime u have 2 quality teams getting after it anything can happen,enjoy the moment folks

lol any decent hitter can hit a 94 mph when they know when its coming. A HS team will not hit a 94 all day long when the dude throwing the ball can mix in a slider or a solid change up and can spot. Two different animals.  I understand showcase ball, I played for the guy who started the Houston Heat. Ive sat through numerous PG tourneys where the team that won won because they had a stud chunking 94-95 and these showcase teams were not hitting it all day long. I was there last year in Georgia watching the Evoshield Canes win the 17u WWBA tourney with a staff of guys throwing 94-95.

Joebob, you don't have to buy it, I wasn't trying to sell it. I am telling you that the entire line up can hit a 94 mph fastball, period. Most kids these days that play showcase can hit the fastball. Maybe back in 1970 they couldn't but they can now. Will they when they play BC, that remains to be seen. It is going to be a good game. But I don't think Shugart is sitting at 94, so with that said they really won't have a problem with 90

so what makes bumpass so good? I have never seen the kid pitch but looking forward to it. What select org does he play for?

Lefty throws 85 with 3 quality pitches

He's 5'6", has no scholarship offers and is supposedly walking on to Panola. He may not be tall, but the kid can pitch as you can see with his record over the last few years.

Awesome love kids that just know how to pitch and compete without overpowering stuff, fun to watch.....whats funny to me is the recruiting, there is always room on any roster for a lefty that can pitch.

Lefty throws 85 with 3 quality pitches

He's 5'6", has no scholarship offers and is supposedly walking on to Panola. He may not be tall, but the kid can pitch as you can see with his record over the last few years.