HJ vs. Huffman

Huffman is the real deal, could be your state champs. Cash could give them fits,  it's going to be tough.

4A Top 25 (May 4)
1. Iowa Park – 21-0-2
2. Huffman Hargrave – 19-4
3. Texarkana Pleasant Grove – 19-3
4. La Vernia – 21-3
5. Robinson – 21-4-1
6. Hidalgo – 18-5-1
7. Argyle – 20-7
8. Abilene Wylie – 18-4
9. Sweeny – 19-5-1
10. Athens – 20-5

It just got tougher with their 3 hole getting hurt in 7 on 7 football during athletics. I don't understand why a kid has to play 7 on 7 during baseball season, and especially when you're going to the playoffs.

Who is the 3 hole hitter and why in the world would you be doing anything other than practicing baseball the week of the baseball playoffs starting?

Who is the 3 hole hitter and why in the world would you be doing anything other than practicing baseball the week of the baseball playoffs starting?

I told coach my junior year i'D workout for football in the spring, if he let us have a 2 week fall baseball workout during football. He laughed, and said point taken.

Well, HJ led the area in Homeruns this season.... Hit homeruns off of D-1 committed pitchers.... More than once.... Who will HJ throw??? The righty who beat Bridge City and LCM or the lefty going to Bossier Parish College????? Aint nobody scared of Huffman....Bring it.. Your gonna get our best, no doubt....

Actually, 5 different kids in the line-up that hit homeruns this season..... And HJ is actually in probably the toughest 4A-DII district in the state... We beat Shepard, Tarkington, Cleveland just as bad as Huffman did.... And beat the crap outta Splendora in a scrimmage.... HJ just might be the "real deal"....

Don't get carried away by one persons comments.  HJ is a very, very good team and if Huffman thinks they have it easy because they are a 4 seed, then they will get beat.  I believe this will be the best game of the opening round, between the two districts.

This game should be a good one. Both are very well coached, both have speed, both have pop, both play good defense and both have good pitching. HJ has probably played a tougher schedule lately, Huffman has a ton of playoff experience. Someone will have to earn it on Friday.

This game should be a good one. Both are very well coached, both have speed, both have pop, both play good defense and both have good pitching. HJ has probably played a tougher schedule lately, Huffman has a ton of playoff experience. Someone will have to earn it on Friday.

whats the word on Huffman's pitchers??  overpowering, crafty, etc.