Clerk killed during robbery - Beaumont

Seriously, a BB gun??

Why are we not talking about this??  This man was killed trying to protect his business that was being taken from him by 2 THUGS!

Mettha Chandra Kuruppu, a 52-year-old Beaumont man, was shot by an armed robber after he reached for a BB gun under the counter at Pick N Shop on South Major Drive, Beaumont Police officer Carol Riley said.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Clerk-killed-during-robbery-suspects-at-large-6230962.php

Seriously, a BB gun??

Why are we not talking about this??  This man was killed trying to protect his business that was being taken from him by 2 THUGS!

Mettha Chandra Kuruppu, a 52-year-old Beaumont man, was shot by an armed robber after he reached for a BB gun under the counter at Pick N Shop on South Major Drive, Beaumont Police officer Carol Riley said.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Clerk-killed-during-robbery-suspects-at-large-6230962.php

I thought they had caught those guys already?  Must have been another story. 

if you're going to represent having a gun, you better actually have a real one and be ready to use it. Before he pulled the BB gun, there was probably a 99.9 percent chance these guys just take his money and run. by pulling the fake gun, he forced their hand, and unfortunately they shot him rather than running. that's why it's a bad idea to push a criminal into a lose-lose situation. by all means, if you get a chance to, shoot the guy, but don't risk your life to save a few bucks. nobody's fast enough to outdraw an already drawn gun (credit to TVC for that one), not that it matters if your gun isn't even real.

if you're going to represent having a gun, you better actually have a real one and be ready to use it. Before he pulled the BB gun, there was probably a 99.9 percent chance these guys just take his money and run. by pulling the fake gun, he forced their hand, and unfortunately they shot him rather than running. that's why it's a bad idea to push a criminal into a lose-lose situation. by all means, if you get a chance to, shoot the guy, but don't risk your life to save a few bucks. nobody's fast enough to outdraw an already drawn gun (credit to TVC for that one), not that it matters if your gun isn't even real.

So we blame the store owner for his own death instead of the worthless scum thugs who killed him????

So we blame the store owner for his own death instead of the worthless scum thugs who killed him????

You can twist it however you want. I'm not saying he shot himself, but I AM saying that if he doesn't do something stupid and just hands over the money then he's at work today and nobody's talking about this. Does that mean I blame him? No. I just wish he'd done things differently and not forced the criminals' hand.

I don't blame the store owner at all......

I would, however, give the good advice that is someone pulls a loaded gun on you, you should comply and NOT pull a BB gun to fight back.

I would also say never bring a knife to a gun fight.....

I don't blame the store owner at all......

I would, however, give the good advice that is someone pulls a loaded gun on you, you should comply and NOT pull a BB gun to fight back.

I would also say never bring a knife to a gun fight.

A little different way a making bullets13's point but an excellent job of making it. Completely agree.

So we are all supposed to sit around and allow ourselves to be victimized by this scum......it's always better to die on your feet than serve (or live in fear) on your knees.......

so because he got shot and killed instead of robbed, I guess he wasn't victimized? sounds to me like he was EXTRA victimized.

So we are all supposed to sit around and allow ourselves to be victimized by this scum......it's always better to die on your feet than serve (or live in fear) on your knees.......

I completely disagree and I'm sure his wife and kids would to. I'm sure they would want their Father/Husband home alive and called a coward.

If I only had a BB gun to defend myself, I would be nice and comply and hopefully live to call the police when they leave.

He did not ALLOW himself to be victimized.......he became a victim because he wasn't sufficiently armed.....

Have you seen the whole video? While I haven't, i have seen enough to know that he had a gun already pointed at him when he made his move. I can guarantee you that if I'm pointing a gun at you from five feet away, and you're having to reach for/draw your weapon, you can pick any caliber you want to be armed with and you're still going to end up the victim.