Little Cypress Youth Basketball

Guest Diva

My kids are enjoying it.  This is our first year in this league.  I was just wondering if there are any other league parents who are members of SETXsports.  It would be a shame if there were some of the team parents who were on here but we didn't know who each other was.

Slam14 is there every Saturday Diva.

I've been involved in this league for several years and I still have one daughter left playing and I coach her 5th & 6th grade girls team.

If this is your first year you would have to agree that there's no greater entertainment value around.  These kids are great to watch play!  Everything is fairly low key right now, but LOOK OUT when the end of year tournament starts!

Hey there Slam14.  Yeah I'd agree that they are great entertainment for sure!  Especially the 3rd and 4th grade girls.  Too funny alot of times!  My son on the 5th and 6th grade boys team though is some pretty decent ball.  It looks like the future is bright for LCM basketball.  We are looking forward to the tournament weekend.

Diva,

You're right about the caliber of play getting better in the older groups, but even in the younger ages, it's fairly easy to tell the ones who have played before and the kids who have just started. 

The bottom line is getting kids in the LCM school district involved in the fundementals of basketball BEFORE they get to the Jr High school level. Take a quick look around the golden triangle and it's easy to see what towns have been in "Little Dribblers" programs the longest.  We have some catching up to do, but I believe you're right in the fact that we are headed in the right direction.

I hope your kids are having fun and good luck in the tournament! (I'll be looking Saturday trying to figure out who you are)

It was a good day of basketball in Little Cypress today.  I'll tell ya, there are some kids with alot of heart and just as much talent out there.  I got to see a few more teams than usual today since we had multiple games.  The future looks mighty powerful for the LCM Bears basketball program.

Diva,

We got spanked for the first time this past Saturday and with no practices this week because of TAKS tests, I'm not sure we're "really" where we want to be for the start of the tournament.  

The games should really heat up this Saturday!  Hope to see you there!

This past Saturday was a great day for both of my kids.  Both of them played better than they had in any game so far.  I too think that this week with no practice will make for some cold players for the tournament.  Once again we bow down to the Supremeness of the TAKS test!! >:(  Don't get me started.....

What a great day of basketball!  The tournament was a great success.    The atmosphere was really charged for each and every game I watched today.  The fact that the score was put on the board during the game really gave the players a sense of urgency in their play.  Even though both my kiddos teams got eliminated today, it was a great season for us.  We will certainly be back next year!! ;D

The Ham-Fannett Little Dribblers found a tournament for March 3rd in Barbers Hill.

Also, I think we will be playing different all-star teams every week (Thursdays?) in the area as a warm-up for the Regional Tournaments being held in late March. Lat week our teams beat the Hardin-Jefferson Little Dribblers All-Stars.

are there still openings in Barbers Hill or who could I contact?  The only thing about Thurs is track meets.  I am with the BC team and would be interested in playing.  This is our first year in the program so i would like to play as much as possible before the tourney in Kountze. You can reach me at 779-9009

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86