Little Cypress Youth Basketball

Guest Diva

Hey Slam 14...got any reports on any of the Championship games last night?

Just a few games that I know for sure from last night:

In the Girls 5th-6th grade division, Thompson's blue team won the championship over Sheppard's green team.  Todd Sheppard's green team was one of the most steadily improving teams throughout the season and played well in the tournament.  They have a good mix of good young basketball players.  Thompson's blue team had a good mixture of height and quickness. Quick guards and solid rebounding inside. All of these young ladies will take the ball to the hole, but these girls won most games with aggressive 4th quarter defense.

The boys tournament games are still ongoing.  The boys championship games will be played this Thursday night.  Last night in the boys 5th & 6th grade division, the Purple team defeated the Red team in overtime to vault the Purple team into a  championship game rematch against the undefeated Blue team.  This will probably be an exciting game to watch with a lot of entertainment value.  This game will feature a few of LCM's future standouts.   

Congrats to Thompson's blue team girls!  Great season!

I didn't realize that the boys were still playing.  The boys blue team is a tough team indeed.  Our orange team held our own against them on Saturday but just couldn't hold out long enough.  Good Luck to them and I think you are right....this will be a great game to watch!

Thanks for the updates.

This is our first year in the league so I'm not 100% sure.  I do know that the schdule shows 5th-7th grade age bracket teams so I guess it's a possibility.  But I would think most 7th graders would be playing on their school teams and this would conflict schedule wise.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476