Vidor 3 PN-G 2 Final

Starting pitchers were Taylor Robichau-Vidor and Zack Harwood-PNG. Harwood is a very good pitcher and did have 14k's, but the Pirates had timely hitting and played excellent defense. Neither of PNG's runs were earned. I think Vidor had 4 hits with a triple and double.

grandslam

Freshman

:

Items

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:54 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starting pitchers were Taylor Robichau-Vidor and Zack Harwood-PNG. Harwood is a very good pitcher and did have 14k's, but the Pirates had timely hitting and played excellent defense. Neither of PNG's runs were earned. I think Vidor had 4 hits with a triple and double.

NO...the first run WAS earned actually. first there was a leadoff triple and then a sac fly. dont make us look more underrated than we already are please.

Guest pirates

Enough of that chip on the sholder stuff. Look at it this way Vidor had 23 at bats, Harwood had 14 strikeouts, 13 swinging 1 looking, no walks. Harwood threw 100 pitches in the game, 37 balls, 63 strikes. PNG had only 1 error. Robicua threw 102 pitches in 5.2 innings 52 balls, 50 strikes with 7 walks and 3 strike outs. Vidor had 5 hits. Vidor scores 1 in the second and 2 in third. PNG scores 1 in the fourth and 1 in the fifth, what hurt PNG is they had runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs in the top of the 7th. PNG and Harwood did what they needed to do to win the game, but on the other hand, Vidor did what they need to do to win the game too. It looks likes a good hard fought game. Both teams did a great job.

VPbaseball06 you need to read the post again, I said neither of PNG's runs were earned I said nothing about the runs Vidor scored. Don't tell me to not make you look more underrated than you are because if you read all my posts I am one of the few friends you have. If your going to say something at least know what your talking about.

its gonna be all out madness baby i love it. I was at the game it felt so good for the pirates to win hearing blake bucannan or however u rem his name saying we love the pressure and remember last year, but that wasnt the case vidor had decent enough pitching and astounding defense. they hit the ball when they needed 2 great job. Great hit Jack Morrison and Brandon Newton i think thats how you spell there names they had 2 key hits to bring them ahead harwood threw a hell of a game.

I was at the game as well, great pitchin from sophmore Taylor Robichau, then Jay Nixon comes in with a runner on 2nd and 3rd and gets a ground ball back to him and 2 strikeouts. He got those last 3 all by himself. Morrison had a nice triple then Thurman to follow with a RBI single to score Morrison for the first run of the game then Newton singles to right to get the 2nd run in. Also there was a pickle play with 2 outs that got the 3rd run in. Great execution. That's how the game is suppose to be played. One of the most exciting games I've been to in a long time. Timely hits when you need them the most and great defense and pitching.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder