Indiana's Religious Freedom Law

5GallonBucket

There is nothing Scriptural in the way the catholic church is organized, or is ran.......I am a NEW TESTAMENT Christian, following the NEW TESTAMENT pattern....Christ is the head of the Universal Church, not some human usurper of His Power.......try actually reading and studying The New Testament instead of dending on someone else to tell you what it says and teaches and you, too, may become a true Christian.......

FYI: CHRIST condemned religions people.....read up on it.......

Spoken like a true Christian.......lol

Couldn't help but think of this profound statement wihile taking in Holy Thursday.

Then when watching the POPE on ETWN from Rome. It kept running through my mind--

You know, I have my own beliefs that I sometimes care to share and sometimes not so much. It seems these days when people are passionate about something they go to the extreme. Religous folks will make the claim you are going to hell if you don't believe as they do (or as the Bible says - or as they interpret it, or both), Gay people will claim that people that don't support gays or gay marriage are "haters".

I was always taught at a young age, you will get more people to listen to you if you talk TO them, not at them or down to them.

I would think people would have  figured this out by now.....after all, Christians want everyone to confess their sins, live by their rules so everyone goes to Heaven.....and Gays want acceptance.......

anyway, I'll call that thinking out loud.....

I apologize for getting off topic.....

:Most people don't like it when others tell them they are wrong based on the scripture and therefore the offended will say to the Christian "that's a real Christian thing to do."  "what a hypocrite" etc etc.

Truth will hurt.....are you willing to see the truth or will you continue in your path?

Narrow is the gate.  You can hate it all you want.  You can twist the words all you want.  You can blame others all you want.  You can name call all you want.  But where does that get you........ 

Smitty, since you still abide by the rules of Leviticus, I'm sure it's safe to assume that you do not eat shellfish or pork, spread slander (I think we all know you still do this regularly ;) ), trim your beard, do not stand in the presence of the elderly, mistreat foreigners (ha!), and surely you've never sold land.

Am I right?

I have no problem with homosexuality being a sin in the Bible.

I am just wondering if those that refuse service based on sexual transgressions from the Bible will also ban adulterers, people who have stolen anything, those that have lusted for or coveted anything from someone else, have given false witness, etc. I am assuming that they draw the sin line at one specific issue. ALL SINNERS WELCOME except homosexuals.

It sounds a bit like Matthew 7:3 where Jesus spoke of pointing out a speck of sawdust in your neighbor's eye while ignoring the log in yours. Or perhaps it was when in John 8:7 Jesus spoke if the wonan sentenced to death by stoning, let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

I think there are a lot of stone holders and sawdust pointers in the crowd that demands strictly adherence to the Bible as a means of rejecting public commerce (discimination) when it comes to one sin but completely ignores the rest.

The Klan hides behind the Bible as their claim to their righteous indignation toward blacks. I wonder if that is likewise acceptable discrimination based on their view of the Bible or freedom of religion.

I think the problem these folks had was catering an event such as same sex marriage they would gladly serve anyone in their store. It would be like a black owned restaurant having to cater a KKK rally, dont think they would feel comfortable and dont believe they should have to.

I understand what you are saying TVC, but can you look at someone and tell they are a thief, committed adultery, etc, etc.  Pretty easy to tell the difference between a gay couple and non gay couple.

there is a difference in committing a sin and continually practicing a sin.  WE ALL HAVE COMMITTED SINS

We are not bound by the OT, but it is our example...

Romans 15: 4
[size=3]4 [/size]Forwhatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.[/size] [/size]

Since the example from Leviticus shows that homosexuality is a sin, rest assured that it still IS a sin....as reinforced in Romans 1 and several other passages in the NT.......Those of us who quote the OT are doing so for that reason.......[/size]

seems more like a place where folks go to pick and choose certain passages that back their beliefs, while negating those that don't align with them.

seems more like a place where folks go to pick and choose certain passages that back their beliefs, while negating those that don't align with them.

You are right....a LOT of folks do just that......however, that doesn't negate the practice of using examples from the OT to back up a point that IS Scriptural......

The problem with Christians using the whole "Not bound by the laws of the old testament" thing is that you always have some yahoo quoting the old testament to try and make a point. I introduce Exhibit A above.

Romans 1:26-27: "For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence [sic] of their error which was meet."

There is not any contradiction between the Old and New Testament concerning this.  Concerning anything actually.  The only difference is the path to salvation.  The Bible says CLEARLY that being a sodomite is UNNATURAL...

So if some believe in the New Testament some in the Old, we must agree that both are written "facts/accounts" of stuff that happened--right?

Why would you think, not believe, they would be any more factual than say the Torah, etc...

Are they merely a book that followers believe in? If so, is that necessarily bad or wrong?

Jews are still waiting, Catholics aren't born again, some play the Devils intraments in church, .....

The gay mafia strikes again! The left talks about tolerance. But just listen to all the anti-Christian bigotry going on right now concerning Indiana from the left/liberals. We need to fight back at this intolerance on the left. I suggest go vacation in Indiana!

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/416176/want-evidence-hysterical-anti-christian-bigotry-look-no-further-boycottindiana-david

let he without sin cast the first stone.

If you have faith in what the BIBLE says....there is no question.  And if you don't then I understand your doubt in Christians and God's teachings.  Too many times you want to say hypocrite,but Christians aren't perfect, but God's teachings are.  So forget all what the posters say and pick up the BIBLE and read it.

Look this country tried this already letting people choose who they serve or not let's not move backwards. Serve the gay couple ask to say a prayer with them and move on. I doubt you go to hell for serving a gay couple a cake....Some people use the bible to ok there own views. Like "its ok for me to enslaved people. Etc etc.

I think the problem these folks had was catering an event such as same sex marriage they would gladly serve anyone in their store. It would be like a black owned restaurant having to cater a KKK rally, dont think they would feel comfortable and dont believe they should have to.

I understand what you are saying TVC, but can you look at someone and tell they are a thief, committed adultery, etc, etc.  Pretty easy to tell the difference between a gay couple and non gay couple.

there is a difference in committing a sin and continually practicing a sin.  WE ALL HAVE COMMITTED SINS

So it is "looks" that is the problem, not the sin. If you can't visually tell that someone is sinning at the moment, I can only presume by your statement that it is okay. 

Apparently the people that discriminate based on religion only do so when the appearance is not liked. 

I've get it.