DAVIS: I'VE BEEN KICKED OFF TEAM

I have been to every home game this year and it is down right embarassing to watch someone with that much potential to just throw it away.  He does not appear to take it seriously and is constantly cutting up on the bench during timeouts.  Sunday at the McNeese game he was dancing to the band --I guess his knees weren't hurting that much.  I for one applaud Coach Roc for doing something about it no matter how difficult it may be. 

He's not a bad coach. He's very well respected around the country and he bring the style of bigger programs with him especially when it comes to dicipline. There are a lot of the things that go on behind the scenes that the casual fan does not know about. James was given more then enough chances to prove he wanted to play but he hasn't on and off the court. His attitude has gotten worse. Mertz leaving was expected I don't believe the other two suspension will last the rest of the year.

There are other steps short of kicking someone off of the team. There are suspensions, running, and other ways. hearing bad things about the coach from several people. I hope we didn't get a bad one.

Maybe Roc has already tried some other ways and it hasn't sunk in. I applaud the move if it was needed. If there was discipline problems on the team, maybe this move will make it sink in. But since no one on here appears to know what really happened, I guess we can wait and see.

Guest tigersvoice

Right - we don't know the specifics (or, at least, I don't) but it sounds and looks to me like it got down to WHO is running the team?  The coach or the players?

I believe the coach is, NOW.

Way to keep them together Coach. This was a statement game after the discipline move that was made on Davis and the others.  Roc is a first year coach and is showing us what he expects from this team on and off the floor.  Remember he is a local and one of us...lets not go after him with fire and pitch forks just yet.

how could part of this not have been seen coming months ago, when you see a recruiting list loaded with JUCO kids...there's a reason they went JUCO now I'm not saying it applies to everyone who goes JUCO but certainly a much higher percentage of "trouble" kids come out of JUCO than out of HS. 

Guest tigersvoice

I can't see how it helps Roc or Lamar Athletics to make any kind of explanatory statement.  He said it was for violation of team rules / regulations - I take him at his word.

I can't see how it helps Roc or Lamar Athletics to make any kind of explanatory statement.  He said it was for violation of team rules / regulations - I take him at his word.

But to my knowledge Roc has yet to confirm that Daivs has been "kicked" of the the team.  Last statement that I saw from Roc was that Davis has been suspended.

I am sure that over the years we have seen lots of players kicked off of teams from high schools to the pros. It is generally standard to have a "no comment" stance on the dismissal of players. I think it has a lot to do with being professional more than anything else. You have already kicked him off of the team, why rub salt into the wound. If the person that has been removed wants to make a comment, so be it. The proper statement by the team management should just be that the player was removed for rules violations and leave it at that.

"The proper statement by the team management should just be that the player was removed for rules violations and leave it at that. "

Any statement, no matter how brief, would suffice. No need to get into details, those are team matters. When you have this many leave at one time, it does look suspicious, even if everything is ok.

Obviously he was not kicked off of the team as he played in the last two games.  He actually played well and looks like he is taking it more seriously. He looks like he has slimmed down some and is ready to play.  Time will tell.  We need to support our local boys.

The majority of this team are thugs.  I've seen them around Lamar, the majority of them are disrespectful, lack of disclipline, overall not very nice guys.  As big as Davis is, he ought to be dominating this below average league, but he is by far the biggest thug on the team.  I say get rid of half of the team and give the good kids a chance to play and recruit better next season. I think coach ROC is a nice guy, but he needs to make an even bigger statement by shipping several these guys out of town.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder