Best High School Game you've been to??

Guest JoesBros

Impossible to pick just one out of the 994 games I've seen but if forced

would have to pick the WOS-Jasper 3-0 game in 87.

I still break out the film and watch that one every once in a while and

it's still as exciting today as it was then.

Also would have to include the PNG-Houston Stratford game

to open the 78 season at the Reservation.

Stratford won 30-28 and went on to win state with Craig James and company.

Oh and I guess I can't leave out the 89 WOS-PNG game at

West Orange with the Mustangs holding on for a 25-20 win before

an overflow crowd.

And then there is Nederland's great 36-35 comeback win over Lamar Consolidated in 89 in Rosenberg.

Or maybe WOS escaping 26-20 at Vidor in 79, Pirates had chance to win very

late in that game as I recall.

I could go on and on.........

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most exciting game I have played in (WOS)would have to be against LCM in 97. We were both undefeated going in to that game. I remember arriving at the school(LCM) off of HWY 87 and seeing the stadium FULL!!! Yes, full at 4:30 for a 7:30 kickoff. It was like playing at Kyle field there were so many people there. Needless to say we beat them, all the plays we ran were Tim Feathers..trap, Tim Feathers...trap, Tim Feathers...sweep, Tim Feathers Trap. They just couldnt stop him. LCM broke the 50 yardline once and it resulted in a fieldgoal by Green. Talk about an electrifying atmosphere. Orange was a ghost town during that game. That was probably one of the best teams LCM had put together. we would have had a chance to meet again in the quarter finals if it would not have been for those @#$& LaMarque Cougars. They got us first and then LCM.

Hard to remember them all but a few that stand out...........

Regular Season:

WB I think in the 86' season they played Forest Brook (when they actually had a squad) Forest Brook took a 35-0 lead in to half-time(in Forest Brook)..........West Brook fought all they way back 34-35 with 3 seconds left...........Keath Konecta(sp) lines up for a 50+ (great name for a kicker....by the way) yard field goal attempt.......................its up..........long enough.............................................................wide right by about a foot..............clock runs out game over..........

WB vs Central 86' Beaumont Bowl #1.....................Jo Fontenot drops back right hits James Joseph on a fade route in the right front corner of the endzone (on the Montaine side of Cardinal Stadium.............extra point and 50 seconds of holding off the Jags and West Brook wins 17-16...................

WB vs Katy playoffs...........I wont go into details >:(

I was on the Port Neches side of the PN-G WO-S game when West Orange fumbled into the endzone on fourth down and PN-G held on to win........had to be around 91' 0r 92'..................... memory lose

Guest coachhooker

i think it was 2003 might have been 2004 state title game 5a midland high v judson and Midland scored with 25 seconds left to go up by four and the next play judson threw a 20 yard slant that went for 80 yards becasue the db for midland was dancing.  great game, first time midland had been in the playoffs in over 50 yrs.  game was played in the alamodome

Guest coachhooker

Madison Vs North Shore in the Dome when Vince Young and Courtney Lewis were seniors...61-58 and over 1100 yards of offense......

i saw that game because my high school played right after it and wow that was a wild game

Guest coachhooker

finally,

2000 katy vs hastings

katy won 21-17 ran a trick play with 6 minutes to go and of ocurse katy ran the board that year and went 16-0 but that was their closest game

I wish this thread had some stories from the early 70's....

My memory only goes back to 1975, and that is from the PNG playoff games in the dome (not from the district games)...

Would love to read some stories about little Joe Washington or other SE Texas athletes that made it to the NFL...

Would also be neat to read about some stories from the 50's when PNG and Nederland won state.

My Uncle was on the state championship team from Nederland and he has some fond stories about Bum.

I lived on Merriman in Port Neches and found out that I grew up 3 houses down from the house that Bum lived in.  For those that are interested, the house is still there...

Going down Merriman from the high school, cross Magnolia and it is the light tan brick house on the left 2 houses before you get to Texas Ave...

• 1 month later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline