Top Freshman playing Varsity in SETX.

It wasn't necessarily a list of top 10 starting freshman. Just a list of top freshman talent that is playing varsity ball.

My point remains the same. Can't be too many freshmen making impacts on boys varsity teams.

And on another note...if you have a freshman not good enough to start, why have them on varsity

My point remains the same. Can't be too many freshmen making impacts on boys varsity teams.

And on another note...if you have a freshman not good enough to start, why have them on varsity

You say that like having a good bench on your team doesn't matter or like the starting 5 play the entire time. You can be a bench player, and come in play defense and lock somebody down. Maybe you are a shooter and need a quick 3. Or a couple 3's. Maybe you need rebounds, and you have a big man that might do better than your starter one game.

Silsbee freshmen Kalon Barnes just came off the bench this past Tuesday night and had a double-double, 12 points, 15 rebounds in an 81-67 win over Jasper. Barnes is averaging (off the bench) 9 points and 7 rebounds a game in district play. I think that is pretty significant numbers regardless of starting or not.

Barnes makes an impact for Silsbee. He deserves to be varsity.