Best All Around Player

I don't pick either one of these. I pick Chelsie Pickering from Lumberton. Best ALL AROUND player in the arrea. She can do it all. She may not be the high scorer of a game, but you can bet if she's not she is the one that got all the assists to the high point scorer. And her defense is totally awesome. Plus she is the leader of her team. All these things make her the best overall !

Brittney Scott and D. Kellum are great scorers but do they have the complete game that Chelsie has ?? I don't think they do.

Is there an echo in here?

It seems like I've been here before.  IMO - without a doubt - Chelsea Pickering of Lumberton. 

There are some other really good players, but I think everybody else will be out of the playoffs sitting in the stands while Ms. Pickering is still leading her team to Austin.

Guest bleed orange

This poll is stupid. Now if you would have put more players on there than yes I would have voted. Chelsea is a good pick and so is Kristy Sanders or Jessica Shores. Its not all about scoring.  Brittany Scott is in that category also. All three of these players are very unselfish. So is Ang Green , Brandi Fowler, Memeri Carmon and many more. Best around to me is assist, rebounds, steals, defense and scoring last. Its what you do for your team, not ME!

Guest bleed orange

I thought about this for a minute and maybe BBall fan was comparing the two and thats ok. Is this a poll about who is the best all around palyer between the two or in southeast texas? We need to clarify this. If it is about the two then Brittany Scott hands down, she is vey unselfish, and is a complete team player.

What is the relevance of this post?  If it's ego stroking.... I don't think any of these girls need that.  They know they are talented, they know their strengths and they have sense enough to appreciate the talent and strengths of the other players they compete against.  I just don't get it.......... praise who you want to praise, but not at the expense of other players (ie:  "she's better than you, nah, nah, nah")  Anyone who watches these girls compete knows that they all bring valuable talent to the court for their respective teams.  And many of them will be an assett to a college team, in their respective roles.  Who really cares who YOU think is the best player?  If you asked a dozen different coaches which one of these players could help their team the most, you would probably get a dozen different answers, depending on what role they need to fill.  Okay, off my soapbox now... just give them ALL the credit and praise they have earned!

takemeouttotheballgame,

You're right in the fact that if you asked a dozen different coaches, you might get a dozen different players...BUT, this whole board is built on nothing more than people's opinions. 

This original post was not cool in comparing only two girls, but the people who replied were quick to take the focus off of those two girls and spead out a dumb post to encompass anybody and everybody. Not everbody is right, but everybody has an opinion and should be able to express it.  I haven't seen any posts on her that put down or slighted any area girls. 

A good example of opinions is ----Last year the Houston Texans had the first pick in the NFL draft.  The Texans front office said " In my opinion we need a defensive end" and passed on Reggie Bush, Vince Young, and others that may have been better choices.  IN MY OPINION that was one of the worst moves in decades, it's not likely, but you still might be able to find someone who can support their choice.  That's their opinion. (maybe CRUSHCOACH thinks that was a good move)

CC agrees with you on that one. That was the dumbest move that could have been made ! And they are paying for it. But you're correct in the fact that this board is for opinions and everyone has their own. I stated mine. It's up to everyone else to state theirs. I do know there are alot more girls out there that should be mentioned other than the two that were put on the poll. I for one am sticking with Pickering.

Guest bleed orange

Thats why this poll should have never been started because there are alot of talented girls in our district and in the area. Too only mention 2 was not in good judgement. But hey I don't think BBall fan meant anything by it. They were just expressing their opinion. Next time you start a poll list more people because there are alot of deserving young ladies out there. Better yet don't do a poll at all, they mean nothing.

Thats why this poll should have never been started because there are alot of talented girls in our district and in the area. Too only mention 2 was not in good judgement. But hey I don't think BBall fan meant anything by it. They were just expressing their opinion. Next time you start a poll list more people because there are alot of deserving young ladies out there. Better yet don't do a poll at all, they mean nothing.

My point exactly....they mean nothing.  I was not suggesting that you not be able to express your opinion (PLEASE!) that is the whole point of a forum.  And I was just expressing MY opinion.  I anticipated a negative reaction.... so now that that's said and done... let's talk about something MORE INTERESTING - like -  who's going to be the toughest competition for the Lady Tigers and Lady Bobcats in the playoffs? What's YOUR opinion?

let's talk about something MORE INTERESTING - like -  who's going to be the toughest competition for the Lady Tigers and Lady Bobcats in the playoffs? What's YOUR opinion?

You're right on target takemeouttotheballgame, anybody know something about the playoff bound teams our district will be facing?

Guest bleed orange

Really!!!!! Where is Denetra going to college. Because if she is that much better than brittney then she must have offers from all over the country. Miss Scott is going to the university of Houston and they are getting one outstanding young lady.

Guest ltownbaseball9

Chelsea Pickering is good but why doesn't anyone give courtney wilson credit......shes the leading scorer,leading rebounder, and leading blocker on the team.....stats don't lie..and also shes playing at the post postition where all of her points are hard to come by when shes working so hard to get position .....don't get me work pickering is good but she trys to do way to much, she wants to be a one woman show and I just don't like that, I am going to say this if chelsea isn't a team player come playoff time then they will be out by the 3rd round and might lose in the 2nd round.

Guest ltownbaseball9

yes and I saw that, and Congra to her. I just want people to realize if your going to talk about best around player I feel thats its courtney wilson. She can do everything and is a All around player not just one one-dimensional.

Guest bleed orange

I think if this would have been a poll about the best in southeast Texas then Courtney's name would be in that group. But the person who started this thread only mentioned two girls which was wrong in my opinion.

B.Scott is an all-around package.  Probably her biggest problem is height, but she will get in there and hop with the best of them.  Kellum is good, but seeing her play against B.Scott...naw.  I know that people will talk about how many points she had and that's all great, but I don't think that her defense is up to par with B.Scott.  ;)

I, too, have heard that her name mingled with Kilgore.  Is there any truth to that? 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33