District 22-5a Predictions?

JRidge

in no order

NED      is always scrappy never count them out

PNG      needs to find some offense or it will be a repeat of last year.

GCM     went 3 rounds deep in the playoffs last year don't know what they have returning

VIDOR  underclass looked good over the past couple years 

I don't have a prediction, but if history repeats Ozen & Central are near the bottom. We must get more kids involved in the sport full time. Good Luck Panthers, I'll make a few games this year

Yes this has been the norm but more and more kids are picking up a baseball in October instead of January like the past. Most now play competitive up until the end of July. I'll say this, Ozen will have a young group of talented kids who have a passion for the sport and more years playing experience than the last few years. The outfielders will be fast with solid gloves and the infield should be fast with solid gloves as well. Timely hitting and good base running should manufacturer runs if they utilize the kids running ability. Pitching is the key as they have 2 sophomores who pitched well during there freshmen year on varsity. They also return an all-district jr. pitcher and a sr. who has lots of varsity experience. Throw in a couple more arms and the Panthers just may make some noise in 2015. As for Central I'm not sure how they will look this upcoming season. I wish them well though.

PNG is always loaded with pitching, and I can't imagine them being more loaded than last year with Ashworth and Ledoux.  Lecich (spelling?) is a good place to start building this year's rotation.

I don't know what Nederland has but I know PN is loaded. Especially with pitching. Their underclass is especially scrappy.

1) Nederland

The dogs will be returning 10 players  from last year but will they have enough arms is the big question?

2) Goose Creek Memorial

Don't know enough except they went deep in the playoffs.

3) Port Neches-Groves

Pitching can keep them alive but will they produce enough offense?

4) Vidor

I think they will keep things interesting in the district.

Agree with TexasLH07...Nederland returns nearly every starter with the exception of catcher..Need to find a couple of righties to slide into the pitching rotation.There are some good young players that may be able to contribute..Should be fun to watch.This group coming up is use to winning and I do not see that changing.Be nice to get Boredelon back before seasons end.