Newton $$$

Back2swag

The highest paid people in Newton work for the Newton ISD .. Assistant super attendant makes $75,000 a year for example. the funds Newton has are terribly missed used .. The academics in Newton have fell off severely because of the misuse in funds, several jobs that are held with high pay that are not needed . Newton will have there day much like Bisd has had there's .

The highest paid people in Newton work for the Newton ISD .. Assistant super attendant makes $75,000 a year for example. the funds Newton has are terribly missed used .. The academics in Newton have fell off severely because of the misuse in funds, several jobs that are held with high pay that are not needed . Newton will have there day much like Bisd has had there's .

The highest paid people in Newton don't work for Newton ISD.

Super attendant! I just fell out laughing! Quite possibly one of the greatest things I've ever seen on this sight. Classic!

That is funny. I don't care who you are. But honestly, I don't care if you can't spell. You get your point across. I'd rather have someone working for me with common sense than a English professor any day.

Back to the subject. If you have alot of money you can attract the best coaches. Money talks! Have the best facilities, this is also a great attraction to prospective clients and parents of athletes as well. So yes, your chances of winning obviously raises. But if you can't afford all that stuff, you just have to be like Newton and other good programs. Find coaches that love your program, the people of your town, and put their loyalty to the school, the kids the people of the town above money. Newton has good coaches. If anyone of them that gets that head coach position in the future most likely won't leave. I'd take a guy like that any day over any high paid coach any day. Even if I was assured championships. Loyalty, earns respect from me. I'll take Curtis Barbay, or WT Johnston or many of the other assistants that have been there over the years.
If we can't afford state championships, I reckon we will just have to earn them.
Please excuse my grammar and punctuation.

I don't know where to post this but I was told by a ex- Newton coach that  the Newton football team left Newton Dec. 18,2014 at 7;30 AM  for Arlington to play for State Championship at 5;00 PM that evening. If this  is so , we have no gripe at anyone but ourselves for not making the school send the  kids wednesday  evening and give them some rest. This was for our community, school, and the kids and I guess we just don't care.

Don't compare Newton to BISD. Funds are not misused. Education comes first, not football. The big part of the tax base does not come from houses, it comes from industry. The industry in Newton county is timber. The big lose in Newton's tax base came when the timber companies got the bill passed to where the timber companies do not have to pay taxes for 10 years on land that has been cut and replanted.

PS. Don't be pointing your finger at the school board (who reviews and approves the budget) when you obviously don't know what the heck you are talking about. Why don't you run for school board and you can solve all their problems, but don't expect people like me to vote for you.

Don't compare Newton to BISD. Funds are not misused. Education comes first, not football. The big part of the tax base does not come from houses, it comes from industry. The industry in Newton county is timber. The big lose in Newton's tax base came when the timber companies got the bill passed to where the timber companies do not have to pay taxes for 10 years on land that has been cut and replanted.

PS. Don't be pointing your finger at the school board (who reviews and approves the budget) when you obviously don't know what the heck you are talking about. Why don't you run for school board and you can solve all their problems, but don't expect people like me to vote for you.

In all seriousness, do white people make up most of Newton (inner city limits) or no? Where are the whites in Newton? Nothing racially behind my questioning. As Jerry Maguire says: I love black people.

If Newton has an Urban League Organization, they should partner with non-profit organizations who raise money for causes. This situation is certainly, a cause worth looking into. Newton’s coaches can also solicit organizations who do grant writing, and raise money that way. Guidestar is an organization where information about grants that may be available for all kinds of causes, it’s just an idea. Good luck Newton.

I don't know where to post this but I was told by a ex- Newton coach that the Newton football team left Newton Dec. 18,2014 at 7;30 AM for Arlington to play for State Championship at 5;00 PM that evening. If this is so , we have no gripe at anyone but ourselves for not making the school send the kids wednesday evening and give them some rest. This was for our community, school, and the kids and I guess we just don't care.

I know what u saying on getting there late,wos in 2000 got there late too,by game time the team still had the wow factor(not ready to play at all)

In all seriousness, do white people make up most of Newton (inner city limits) or no? Where are the whites in Newton? Nothing racially behind my questioning. As Jerry Maguire says: I love black people.

What does that have to do with anything??  :unsure:

I don't know where to post this but I was told by a ex- Newton coach that  the Newton football team left Newton Dec. 18,2014 at 7;30 AM  for Arlington to play for State Championship at 5;00 PM that evening. If this  is so , we have no gripe at anyone but ourselves for not making the school send the  kids wednesday  evening and give them some rest. This was for our community, school, and the kids and I guess we just don't care.

I would hope this is not true.  Anyone who has traveled 5+ hours on a bus and then tried to play a football game the same day knows what effect that has on your legs.  That's a real shame if this is true.  Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, the bus left at a few minutes after 8 am. Got to the stadium and watched the game before our game. Players had time to lay around and rest somewhat. The previous games our team had to travel around 4 hours to the game on the regular school buses. The other teams I saw also came in about the time we did. This in not why we got beat, we got beat by a better team. SUCK IT UP AND QUIT MAKING EXCUSES.

First it was we don't have the facilities, we don't have a big scoreboard, we did not leave the day before, we are poverty school district, Dang, we had a fantastic season and I am proud of our boys. If we had the money for big scoreboard and fancy facilities then we would have to have a lot of industry and we would have more people and we would be a bigger school and we would have to be competing with larger schools. The schools we are competing with are basically in the same shape that Newton is. Love it or leave it. I am staying. 

Yes, the bus left at a few minutes after 8 am. Got to the stadium and watched the game before our game. Players had time to lay around and rest somewhat. The previous games our team had to travel around 4 hours to the game on the regular school buses. The other teams I saw also came in about the time we did. This in not why we got beat, we got beat by a better team. SUCK IT UP AND QUIT MAKING EXCUSES.
First it was we don't have the facilities, we don't have a big scoreboard, we did not leave the day before, we are poverty school district, Dang, we had a fantastic season and I am proud of our boys. If we had the money for big scoreboard and fancy facilities then we would have to have a lot of industry and we would have more people and we would be a bigger school and we would have to be competing with larger schools. The schools we are competing with are basically in the same shape that Newton is. Love it or leave it. I am staying.

the schools we play have much better facilities and equipment so idk really what your talking about there , There's no doubt had a great season but that has nothing to do with this point . no excuses for getting beat just embarrassing to have such old outdated equipment on live tv and some of the worst facities in the state . Newton players were very tired from waking up at 6am and riding 5 hrs on a bus to play a football game , I think the way the school handle the travel thing was terrible . the money was there to go and stay, but they just rather put It in adminstrators pockets .

The highest paid people in Newton don't work for Newton ISD.

Check the Public records , you will be amazed .. You don't remember about 5 years ago they gave Issabell $100,000 retirement check .. He was pulling in 75,000 a year salary , plus he had 2 asstinants they made 55 so yea . He was administrator or something that did little and got paid a lot .