Newton $$$

Back2swag

Newton has one of the best football programs in the state but for some reason they have the worst athletic facilities , very old equipment and cheap jerseys to name a few things , it might be time to do a little upgrading . Guess the money just ain't there or there ain't much care there.

Back in the day when WO Chiefs were changing  to the Mustangs, Did we give them all the purple jerseys? I'm not sure, I could be wrong, just curious.

I read on here before, teams that win need great facilities. Reckon that ain't the case. Just thought id throw that out there. I remember that thread. Didn't agree with it necessary but it does help. Your right, people in Newton or impoverished for the most part. But they are a close knit, that support each other, and the football program.

I read on here before, teams that win need great facilities. Reckon that ain't the case. Just thought id throw that out there. I remember that thread. Didn't agree with it necessary but it does help. Your right, people in Newton or impoverished for the most part. But they are a close knit, that support each other, and the football program.

I read it too. i completely agree - it helps but isn't necessary. Last I checked, Newton was in Jerry World again this year, and Highland Park wasn't. You also hit the nail on the head about Newton folks. They may not be the richest folks, but I promise you they are some of the best folks you will meet. And it shows with their children.

Not every team with nice facilities win every year.

But every single team that won a state championship this year has an artificial turf field and all weather track. Is that the key? Who knows. But it's an awful funny coincidence.

No Coweenkedenk. $ = rings
Newton is a SETX powerhouse where the avg mind is content with poverty. Stats don't lie.

Not every team with nice facilities win every year.

But every single team that won a state championship this year has an artificial turf field and all weather track. Is that the key? Who knows. But it's an awful funny coincidence.

Awful funny or awfully funny? Are schools with artificial turf unable to afford English teachers?

Also, those 5 teams Newton beat in the playoffs must be really poor!!!!

Note to self: If I want my arguments to be accepted, I must utilize multiple exclamation points behind absurd statements. People will be astonished at the ending & forget what's in the middle. It's rather compelling.

Signed: Nobody

Note to self: If I want my arguments to be accepted, I must utilize multiple exclamation points behind absurd statements. People will be astonished at the ending & forget what's in the middle. It's rather compelling.

Signed: Nobody

Note to self: when I can't argue with logic, point out punctuation in the other guy's statement.

Signed: Random Loser