Newton $$$

Back2swag

And you think 75,00 is a lot of money for a superintendent. Newton has a nice stadium, a nice school, If someone wants the upper class of rich school systems then one would have to  move to Houston. Things are not going to change in Newton county in our lifetime. I would not change where I live for the richest school in Houston or Dallas or Allen or any big town like that. It is a lot harder to win a state championship in the 5Aor 6A class then in the 2A , 3A,OR 4A classes. I graduated from PN-G and I doubt you will ever see PN-G in Jerry's world. The competition is just to good in the bigger cities. A school in a big city that has 5 large high schools and one of those high schools has a winning tradition then several good players transfers to that school to make it even better. We don't have that luxury in our local large high schools like PN-G, Nederland etc...

And you think 75,00 is a lot of money for a superintendent. Newton has a nice stadium, a nice school, If someone wants the upper class of rich school systems then one would have to  move to Houston. Things are not going to change in Newton county in our lifetime. I would not change where I live for the richest school in Houston or Dallas or Allen or any big town like that. It is a lot harder to win a state championship in the 5Aor 6A class then in the 2A , 3A,OR 4A classes. I graduated from PN-G and I doubt you will ever see PN-G in Jerry's world. The competition is just to good in the bigger cities. A school in a big city that has 5 large high schools and one of those high schools has a winning tradition then several good players transfers to that school to make it even better. We don't have that luxury in our local large high schools like PN-G, Nederland etc...

Oh NO ! SParks are fixing to start flying for this comment.  :D

In all seriousness, do white people make up most of Newton (inner city limits) or no? Where are the whites in Newton? Nothing racially behind my questioning. As Jerry Maguire says: I love black people.

. Newton. As of the census[1] of 2000, there were 2,459 people, 731 households, and 508 families residing in the city. The population density was 446.9 people per square mile (172.6/km²). There were 900 housing units at an average density of 163.6 per square mile (63.2/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 59.78% White, 31.60% African American, 0.08% Native American, 1.10% Asian, 0.04% Pacific Islander, 6.02% from other races, and 1.38% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 12.28% of the population.

My comment on PN-G probably not winning a state championship in not meant that I don't want PN-G to win a state championship, I do, purple is in my veins. It is so competitive in that bracket that it is improbable that they will win one., It's kind of like the volley ball, once the local districts get to the Houston teams in the playoffs, they cannot compete with those schools which play volley ball the year around.  

Yes, the bus left at a few minutes after 8 am. Got to the stadium and watched the game before our game. Players had time to lay around and rest somewhat. The previous games our team had to travel around 4 hours to the game on the regular school buses. The other teams I saw also came in about the time we did. This in not why we got beat, we got beat by a better team. SUCK IT UP AND QUIT MAKING EXCUSES.

First it was we don't have the facilities, we don't have a big scoreboard, we did not leave the day before, we are poverty school district, Dang, we had a fantastic season and I am proud of our boys. If we had the money for big scoreboard and fancy facilities then we would have to have a lot of industry and we would have more people and we would be a bigger school and we would have to be competing with larger schools. The schools we are competing with are basically in the same shape that Newton is. Love it or leave it. I am staying. 

I agree with everything you are saying and I'm not a big believer in facilities having anything to do with success.  But when these boys are playing the biggest games of their lives, I would hope that a school could allow them to do it with fresh legs.  I'm not saying it would have made a difference on who won the game, but there is no denying that it makes a difference in endurance on the field.  It wouldn't be hard to raise the money for hotel rooms especially with everyone in SETX wanting to see our local teams succeed.  People outside of Newton, including me, would have donated money to help these boys.  

It's amazing, all the other games in the playoffs, we did not have fresh legs and yet we won by a large margin. yes, those games were(2to4hrs) the last two games were 4 hr drives on a school bus. The state game the school used a charter bus. What teams like Newton need to do is go to all the playoff games a day or two before and stay in motels. Newton could have left a week before the final game and we would have still got beat. That team spread the field from sideline to sideline and had two much speed for Newton. There is nothing wrong with facilities at Newton. I don't see great facilities at other local school, in our class, much or any better that Newton. OPPPS, I forgot about Hardin, they have a turf field, that's probably why they have such a winning team every year. Maybe if we get turf, we can be as good as Hardin.(Sorry Hardin, don't mean any disrespect to you, just stating a point).

It's amazing, all the other games in the playoffs, we did not have fresh legs and yet we won by a large margin. yes, those games were(2to4hrs) the last two games were 4 hr drives on a school bus. The state game the school used a charter bus. What teams like Newton need to do is go to all the playoff games a day or two before and stay in motels. Newton could have left a week before the final game and we would have still got beat. That team spread the field from sideline to sideline and had two much speed for Newton. There is nothing wrong with facilities at Newton. I don't see great facilities at other local school, in our class, much or any better that Newton. OPPPS, I forgot about Hardin, they have a turf field, that's probably why they have such a winning team every year. Maybe if we get turf, we can be as good as Hardin.(Sorry Hardin, don't mean any disrespect to you, just stating a point).

We built the field to host Newton every year for their first round playoff games. No disrespect taken. The Hornets are who we thought we are.

Not a groupie ! Its so funny how much yall love yourselves though , pretty entertaining. Its obvious that yall come on here fishing for compliments because yall love to hear it. How about doing something worthy of receiving praise instead of begging for it Veruca Salt. Newton and WOS need not fish for compliments , they get them out of respect without asking. Have you ever lived outside the area or took part in the real world ?

Thanks again El Guppie you have once again showed us we have some wonderful groupies following the PNG name around. You are awesome. Maybe our #1 groupie!!!!!!!

It's amazing, all the other games in the playoffs, we did not have fresh legs and yet we won by a large margin. yes, those games were(2to4hrs) the last two games were 4 hr drives on a school bus. The state game the school used a charter bus. What teams like Newton need to do is go to all the playoff games a day or two before and stay in motels. Newton could have left a week before the final game and we would have still got beat. That team spread the field from sideline to sideline and had two much speed for Newton. There is nothing wrong with facilities at Newton. I don't see great facilities at other local school, in our class, much or any better that Newton. OPPPS, I forgot about Hardin, they have a turf field, that's probably why they have such a winning team every year. Maybe if we get turf, we can be as good as Hardin.(Sorry Hardin, don't mean any disrespect to you, just stating a point).

Purpleeagle, I'm starting to think I might be married to you.  You are right.  I can't believe I even took part in this discussion knowing I would lose the debate.  :)