Tryouts around the corner

Michele

As everyone knows LCM stayed in 4A. So that should make the local 5A happy. With out LCM's Pitchers of the Past. It was very welcoming to not move up. But back on subject. LCM has 4 or 5 returning starters. But a big SR class for them. So will be looking for some underclassmen to step up and play with the Big Girls.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This District Championship will be between PNG and Nederland. Both will have plenty of talent to make long runs in the playoffs. PNG is going to be tough for anyone to handle the next couple of years. They will have one of the best PITCHING STAFFS around. Nederland just reloads every year.

Last years Champ ( Vidor ) graduated a great group of Seniors that are going to be hard to replace. But, they still have some VERY GOOD players back for their Senior year as well as a couple of underclassmen that played some good ball last year on Varsity.

Not sure about the rest of the district.

Vidor will be the preseason favorites this year. Lumberton also has a talented group of Seniors this year. I'd expect the top 5 to compete for the 4 playoff spots. In no order those five should be Vidor, Lumberton, PNG, Nederland and GCM. Last year was a six team race for four spots.

I know PNG will have alot of players returning. They will also have some extremely talented Freshmen playing this year. I know of 2 girls who pitch over 60 MPH right now at age of 14 and 15.(freshman) Very accurate. Have watched both play for years. Should be a very good district race this year. 

Vidor was and is too good to go out in the first round. They had a bad game that night and had some seriously bad calls made against them that hurt them both in the game and in their heads. It was a rough game. 

Vidor still has the "bullet" .. for the most part the team is still the same group of girls. They only lost 3 seniors last year... one of those wasn't a starter. So the team should still be strong this year and ready to go to playoffs.

No 4A talk here.....very suprising

Ummmm.... What does the move -in pitcher at Orangefield look like ? That is the question. If she's for real they should be a favorite along with HJ, who should be loaded. Bridge City wil be very good as well. Newcomer to the District, LCM, will be in the mix depending on how the pitching comes around. Just my opinion. I also think Buna may surprise some people this year.

I always love when people say pitchers are "VERY GOOD" because they throw hard.

They better also be smart, have great movement and offspeed stuff to go with it or else the HS

teams with select ball kids will show a pitcher just how truly good they are.

BC's and PNG's senior pitchers have made great careers and future college careers on movement.

(I only commented on them because others have spoken so much about the young pitchers on those teams and I can't wait to watch them over the next several years.)

I am glad there are so many "Very Good" Freshman pitchers in the area because pitching

means the world to HS softball. (I know form experience).

Those young players will get there time in the circle to prove just how good they are but don't under

estimate how important battle tested senior leadership is to a HS Softball Team. 

It has been a while since I have seen a player in HS that thows mid 60's with movement in the Beaumont Area and once again....I cant wait to watch them 

if there are a couple doing that now or in the future.

I would still like know why everyone is so hush hush about the move in in Orangefield. Can anyone shed some light on this. I believe LCM will hold its own in the new district. They will be solid at the plate and on defense. The biggest question will be on the mound. Hope it starts soon.