12-3A D1 All District picks

Arnold is the best talent in the district. If your making a team out of the best in the district and you know football then Arnold is hands down your first pick!

That's the whole point. But, apparently the criteria involves team accomplishments, smh

The MVP choice is selected by the 8 men that have the most knowledge of the game and the players. The athletic directors/ head football coaches. We are just fans and may not catch all of the little things that the players do. The award is not for best athlete or for the most D1 offers, or who had the most highlights on the tailgate party. The coaches have the most direct knowledge of who has earned that pick. I didn't go see Newton the week that Kountze played Kirbyville so I went to watch that game. Kirbyville blew Kountze out and shut Kountzes offense down. That game is on video for other coaches to see. I'm sure that was noticed. Also, coaches look at defense and special teams. I'd take a great two way player over a flashier one way player any day. I never got a chance to see EC or the other schools in the district, just that one game. I'm sure that whatever the picks are that it was well discussed at the all district meeting.

To be a district MVP you should have had an undeniable impact as a game changer in dang near every district game. Ian very proud of our Kounte boy Grayland Arnold...he is no doubt a football player and a tremendous athlete, but against Kirbyville and EC he was a non-factor due to injury and therefore that leaves speculation and you can not legitimately pick a district MVP based on speculation. More simply put...what if's will not suffice.

Most Valuable Player. The most debated subject in high school football.... lol there's no point in arguing about it. Thus is an endless debate among high school football fans abroad lol oh...and while he may not be quite as talented as Grayland Arnold, Marqui Jackson was just as valuable to Woodville as Arnold was to Kountze. I think that showed in the times he didn't play.

Most Valuable Player. The most debated subject in high school football.... lol there's no point in arguing about it. Thus is an endless debate among high school football fans abroad lol oh...and while he may not be quite as talented as Grayland Arnold, Marqui Jackson was just as valuable to Woodville as Arnold was to Kountze. I think that showed in the times he didn't play.

Very much so. I agree with all the points here. If I'm starting a team from the kids in this district, I'd take Arnold. Kid can do multiple things on a football field. That's why the #6 college team in the country wants him on their roster. But, I also agree with the overall performance for 10 games.

Great job, Silcox

The MVP choice is selected by the 8 men that have the most knowledge of the game and the players. The athletic directors/ head football coaches. We are just fans and may not catch all of the little things that the players do. The award is not for best athlete or for the most D1 offers, or who had the most highlights on the tailgate party. The coaches have the most direct knowledge of who has earned that pick. I didn't go see Newton the week that Kountze played Kirbyville so I went to watch that game. Kirbyville blew Kountze out and shut Kountzes offense down. That game is on video for other coaches to see. I'm sure that was noticed. Also, coaches look at defense and special teams. I'd take a great two way player over a flashier one way player any day. I never got a chance to see EC or the other schools in the district, just that one game. I'm sure that whatever the picks are that it was well discussed at the all district meeting.

Arnold didn't even play most of that game lol