HJ vs. La Grange

drewlsu

Judging from the record HJ has averaged 38 points scored and allowed 19. The Leopards average 42 points scored and allowed 14. The strenght of schedule calculated by MaxPreps for HJ is 18.1 and for LG 18.6. So LG has had a bit stronger schedule than HJ and has averaged a few more points scored and a few less points allowed. In any case the stats are pretty much equal within a margin of error. What this tells me is that this is going to be a closely fought game and the outcome will hinge on which team executes better than the other. It will be worth the price of admission that's for sure.

I think this should be the game of the week for 4A-DII. Two almost evenly matched teams (as far as stats go) where the winner goes to the Regional Final! Safe to say 9 4A-DII has the toughest district in the region with two out of the four teams still in it! The team that wins the turnover battle gets the win in my opinion.

HJ cant kick the ball deep so you should have short field if they ever get to kick the ball. as a matter of fact the special teams all round is not very good and i am just going by our game. ok lets get these guys riled up LG should be playing the second teamers around the middle of the 3rd  so LG 42 HJ 14. they will get the 14 against the second team. but what do i know i had us winning and we didn't.HJ get ready to do what you do best basketball. good luck to both teams may the best team win & have an injury free game. me and the boy might come to this one

HJ cant kick the ball deep so you should have short field if they ever get to kick the ball. as a matter of fact the special teams all round is not very good and i am just going by our game. ok lets get these guys riled up LG should be playing the second teamers around the middle of the 3rd  so LG 42 HJ 14. they will get the 14 against the second team. but what do i know i had us winning and we didn't.HJ get ready to do what you do best basketball. good luck to both teams may the best team win & have an injury free game. me and the boy might come to this one

HJ can kick the ball deep, they just choose not to. It takes away the opportunity for a kick return for a score, forcing teams to beat the defense. Keep thinking the special teams isn't very good. When they bust a return for 6, you'll regret it. If you think OF is going to be any indication of what you're going to see against HJ, you're sadly mistaken. The backs are quicker and the offense is run way better. HJ kids don't miss the tackles I saw the OF kids missing. La Grange's backs may be good, but HJ's LBs are, too.

42-14 is an awfully big margin. 4 TD's? A 28 point spread? Someone predicted the same thing for the Bellville game. But 28? Even after you saw what they did to Bellville? Hmmm. Care to place a wager? I'll take HJ to cover!

HJ cant kick the ball deep so you should have short field if they ever get to kick the ball. as a matter of fact the special teams all round is not very good and i am just going by our game. ok lets get these guys riled up LG should be playing the second teamers around the middle of the 3rd  so LG 42 HJ 14. they will get the 14 against the second team. but what do i know i had us winning and we didn't.HJ get ready to do what you do best basketball. good luck to both teams may the best team win & have an injury free game. me and the boy might come to this

Words from a man that is done for the season. 

Also there is a big difference between CAN'T kick the ball deep and DOESN'T kick the ball deep. The kick off we use has served us well, as of now I believe we have 7 turn overs on our kickoff style. Sure you may get the ball about 10 -15 yards further up field than you would have on a deep kick but taking into account the turnover ratio we have on these kicks plus our defense that shuts the door. I say pooch away HJ.

HJ can kick the ball deep, they just choose not to. It takes away the opportunity for a kick return for a score, forcing teams to beat the defense. Keep thinking the special teams isn't very good. When they bust a return for 6, you'll regret it. If you think OF is going to be any indication of what you're going to see against HJ, you're sadly mistaken. The backs are quicker and the offense is run way better. HJ kids don't miss the tackles I saw the OF kids missing. La Grange's backs may be good, but HJ's LBs are, too.

42-14 is an awfully big margin. 4 TD's? A 28 point spread? Someone predicted the same thing for the Bellville game. But 28? Even after you saw what they did to Bellville? Hmmm. Care to place a wager? I'll take HJ to cover!

as i said i based it off what i saw against Bellville. they didn't do alot against  BV they won yes, but BV defense held HJ to the their lowest point total all year. if HJ plays like they did against BV they will get hammered. i have no dog in this fight but i have seen both teams play. have you seen LG play? you might wanna look at some film before you start bumpin gums together 

as i said i based it off what i saw against Bellville. they didn't do alot against  BV they won yes, but BV defense held HJ to the their lowest point total all year. if HJ plays like they did against BV they will get hammered. i have no dog in this fight but i have seen both teams play. have you seen LG play? you might wanna look at some film before you start bumpin gums together 

Yes you held HJ to a low total (yet still 10 higher than you). Of course I guess you are not considering the HORRENDOUS spot given on a 4th and 1 at your goal line, nor the fact that the turf field was wet and slippery (both teams had trouble with this from my view point) and I will man up and say it was not the sharpest I have seen our offense play (penalties and mistakes) yet our Defense shut you down even when one of our mistakes gave you the ball with a short field all you could muster was a field goal. 

Yes you held HJ to a low total (yet still 10 higher than you). Of course I guess you are not considering the HORRENDOUS spot given on a 4th and 1 at your goal line, nor the fact that the turf field was wet and slippery (both teams had trouble with this from my view point) and I will man up and say it was not the sharpest I have seen our offense play (penalties and mistakes) yet our Defense shut you down even when one of our mistakes gave you the ball with a short field all you could muster was a field goal. 

this is about HJ and  LG i have seen both teams play have you? the BV/HJ game was sloppy on both sides but dont you forget the td that they called a fumble and then the sure td that was dropped in the endzone just saying. lets stick th HJ/LG we have talked about the other game enough.

Sorry my post was just to dispute your poor football knowledge. But you are right I can easily let the fact that you have none  stand on it's own.

Sorry my post was just to dispute your poor football knowledge. But you are right I can easily let the fact that you have none  stand on it's own.

yes MoFo you are a football god you know everything. wait what the heck am talking about you need take off the east texas glasses and put some new ones on that you can see thru. will you answer the question have you seen LG play his year?

this is about HJ and  LG i have seen both teams play have you? the BV/HJ game was sloppy on both sides but dont you forget the td that they called a fumble and then the sure td that was dropped in the endzone just saying. lets stick th HJ/LG we have talked about the other game enough.

There was never a TD. He didn't get into the end-zone. I just saw the footage. He was on the THREE YARD LINE when the ball came out. It wasn't even CLOSE to a TD.

ok i was wrong i can admit it. i thought they gave the ball to #12. now will you answer the question i will put this in bold so you can see it better HAVE YOU SEEN LG PLAY THIS YEAR? it is a simple question.

now i have none smack question do yall no anyone or some where i could get a viedo of the HJ/BV game. this is the first year i cant find one. i like to have  a viedo of all our playoff games. thanks for any help   

ok i was wrong i can admit it. i thought they gave the ball to #12. now will you answer the question i will put this in bold so you can see it better HAVE YOU SEEN LG PLAY THIS YEAR? it is a simple question.

now i have none smack question do yall no anyone or some where i could get a viedo of the HJ/BV game. this is the first year i cant find one. i like to have  a viedo of all our playoff games. thanks for any help   

I saw some film. They're good! No one is doubting that. But, so is HJ. If they get the running game going like they did against Bellville, it will be a long night for La Grange. BV didn't even see what #12 can do with an open field. Good thing they didn't need it. Thompson ran all over the field.

thanks for the film info. HJ does not have to give them the they are just going to go in there and take from them like taking candy from a baby.

all BS aside guy's good luck and enjoy the ride it is fun while it last. and remember win or lose be proud of these young men they all from both sides have worked hard to get here.

I have.. watched about three games now.. hudl is a hell of a thing. LG is a one man show. Better than average defense and a hell of an athlete on the offensive side of the ball. If HJ can stop #22 and i do believe they can with their linebacker play, then hj takes this one and meets back up with the WOS Mustangs next week!! GO HAWKS 

LG's defense only average eh? They only average 14 points allowed per game while HJ averages 19 and LG has had a stronger schedule. So does that make HJ defense"only average".

You will see all the weapons the LG offense has Friday Dobbins, Hutchison, Rigden, Mueller and Janda to mention five. Our middle LBs #30 Worsham and #99 Garza will blow up the middle. Please continue to underestimate the Leopards just like Orangefield did. You will see.

LG GAVE UP 39 points to giddings!!!! Sorry but from what I seen from them Friday night giddings can only run the ball with #25! He was literally all they had! Sorry but I can't see any good defense let alone great defense giving up that many points to giddings! I also think the back from hj is every bit as good as the kid from giddings! Should be a good game!