Any Coaching Changes for 2015 ?

Eagle0011

Why cant they keep a HC?

The word is that his contact was not renewed because he would not fully support the basketball program. Put everything he had in football. Sad to see him go. Heard he was going to PineTree...The high school principals contact was not renewed as well.

The word is that his contact was not renewed because he would not fully support the basketball program. Put everything he had in football. Sad to see him go. Heard he was going to PineTree...The high school principals contact was not renewed as well.

That makes no sense. He is at every athletic event that SA participates in at the high school level, and is at every home junior high event. Whoever came up with that concept is false.

Coach Hubbard might have missed 5 total basketball games in the 4 years that he was at SA. He ran the concession stand and worked the table for basketball all at the same time this year. Previous years he just ran the table. The boys program just bought brand new sets of Jordan Brand uniforms. The girls program got new uniforms 2 years ago. I know of several ADs that don't ever darken the doorway of a gym and coach Hubbard is not one of those.

All you have to do is look at changes made in the school district over the last year or two from the top on down and you'd recognize what happened in SA. If you think the school board is worried about the basketball program then you have a bad grasp of what is going on at SA.

That makes no sense. He is at every athletic event that SA participates in at the high school level, and is at every home junior high event. Whoever came up with that concept is false.

Coach Hubbard might have missed 5 total basketball games in the 4 years that he was at SA. He ran the concession stand and worked the table for basketball all at the same time this year. Previous years he just ran the table. The boys program just bought brand new sets of Jordan Brand uniforms. The girls program got new uniforms 2 years ago. I know of several ADs that don't ever darken the doorway of a gym and coach Hubbard is not one of those.

All you have to do is look at changes made in the school district over the last year or two from the top on down and you'd recognize what happened in SA. If you think the school board is worried about the basketball program then you have a bad grasp of what is going on at SA.

I agree. I always see coach around. My two sources was a board member and a players parent. I went to scratching my head on it... I thought he did well as an AD/coach and hate to see that he is leaving!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Talent hydrant drying up in the lower levels there? Had alot experience on last year's team that graduates in a few weeks.

KP's talent isn't drying up. Next year will probably be their best team since '11. He got a promotion and most likely a good raise. He went from being a head coach at a 5A ISD school with 5 high schools plus a 6th coming, to being the AC of an entire district that will include 2 6A high schools before he retires. He'll probably be in charge of hiring NC's coaches now. Definitely a step up and good for him, hopefully he's replaced with a coach that keeps them competitive. I see them promoting from within or hiring someone from Katy or Cy-Fair's district.